Mini digger/driver recommendations, No jobs or quotes

Thank you, I will call Jewson's tomorrow. It seems most companies don't hire to public, just trade.

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 20:38 ----------

If it going through building regs the footings will need to be passed by the Council inspector so there won,t be any excuses. Donkey work anyway by pick and shovel so a good job ensured by digger.

I prefer to hire with driver on some jobs. Simple flat ground with no services yeh but otherwise get a driver with public liability.

Its just a drive, got planning, now need to start digging excess soil(there is loads) and get it block paved, building regs don't need to check it I believe?

It up to you but be time you paid jewsons 100 plus insurance and fuel it cheaper for me thanks mick hill

It up to you but be time you paid jewsons 100 plus insurance and fuel it cheaper for me thanks mick hill

Hiya, I just need to check with partner and builder, and I think it may be you that does it. Have you dug up drives before, would you come and look for me first? thanks

It make perfect sense to me thank you. .

:roll:

and I think it may be you that does it.

No need to thank me. :hihi:

:roll:

No need to thank me. :hihi:

I wasn't thanking you, I was being sarcastic!!! but i take my words back.......... I am getting well stressed with this mini digger palava, so it well be stress free for me to just get someone to dig for me who actually owns a digger. I will only end up spending more like you said. I thought about it:hihi:

i will have a look first if you want i have dug loads of drives up i have a breaker for my minidigger as well thanks mick hill

hi again whoopie, not sure if jewsons do only hire to trade only as we have an account with them, still worth a call. if it is trade only then mick is probably your best bet.

Edited by adyfife
condoning illegal activities

Most hire companies will only hire to the trade and all will want proof of your own insurance or for you to pay for theirs. If you have a builder doing the work, why can't he arrange his own digger? £150/day with a driver sounds a fair price to me.

150 a day seems pretty steep to me i got 1 today 96 quid including vat there dropping it off at half 5 thurs evening and collecting at 7 sat morning that counts has 1 day or 24 hour hire

you dont need insurance to dig your own garden

you can use red diesel in plant machinery

150 a day would that be an 8 hour shift ?

You're paying for experience. :roll:

Not a good idea letting any Tom Dick or Harry loose with a digger when they have no idea of utility feeds etc. One mistake could cost you thousands. Even your home if your insurance doesn't cover "boys with hired toys".

i think you are wrong saying 150 a day is a lot this is what you get a 9 thousand pound machine dropped off and picked up a 25 years experenace driver

a cpcs qualified driver which is me a good 8 hours and all red diesel i bet you cant find that any cheaper anywhere thanks mick hill

It make perfect sense to me thank you. I'm already paying my builder a contract price, so i'm not paying any more. It doesn't make sense paying someone to dig it, and builder says its not dug enough, and then getting it out again. This way I know it will be done right (no offence to anyone that hires diggers and drives them) and builder wont have any excuses.

Why doesn't your own builder do it?