Next Blades manager - now announced.

Another one rejects the job. If what he says is true the new Manager will be told the style of play.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/prehistoric-sheffield-rejected-by-arnold/story-fn63e0vj-1226655482492

I wonder if McCabe and his 3 stooges are as embarrassed as the fans are at what's going on at the moment ?

Another one rejects the job. If what he says is true the new Manager will be told the style of play.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/prehistoric-sheffield-rejected-by-arnold/story-fn63e0vj-1226655482492

I wonder if McCabe and his 3 stooges are as embarrassed as the fans are at what's going on at the moment ?

Is that the style Wilson was trying to play before he quit or got sacked? Looks like you are destined for more hoofball but if it gets you promorted who cares. Maybe McCabe doesn't believe he can attract players with the ability to play it on the deck

He wasnt impressed was he,poor financial offer,three steps backwards in his development as a coach,looking more like morgans job every day.

Yea can't see it going to anyone other than Morgan at the moment. Whoever they appoint is a gamble though so it could all turn out well

So Bassett is still on the scene then,more active than I realised as he is obviously advising the others on the er, 'football' side of the appointment.He recommended Wally Downes,so if they are taking notice of him,how come Downes hasn't been given the job?,or has he rejected it?.......supposed to be a hoofball merchant too.

But according to him he was offered the job despite wanting to play a different style to that favoured by his prospective employers.

Yea can't see it going to anyone other than Morgan at the moment. Whoever they appoint is a gamble though so it could all turn out well[/QUOTE]

Its a massive gamble nervy[sorry i meant big] but if morgan gets the job,i really cant see that turning out well.

Yea can't see it going to anyone other than Morgan at the moment. Whoever they appoint is a gamble though so it could all turn out well[/QUOTE]

Its a massive gamble nervy[sorry i meant big] but if morgan gets the job,i really cant see that turning out well.

Well Morgan is on record as saying he has no clue as to why we had so much trouble winning our home games,given as this was the main reason why we didn't go up,then it's an admission of having no clue how to put that right.

Then he was supposed to have de- briefed th e board as to why we didn't get promotion,so presumably he said 'because we didn't win our home games'.

Arnold said: "In all honesty, I didn't have to think too long or too hard about it. It just wasn't for me.

Unattractive United scares away managers!

Graham Arnold

"Forget that the financial offer in itself was quite poor, but I would have been taking three steps backwards in my development as a professional coach if I had gone.

"I walked out of that meeting with the club's board and football director Dave Bassett, and said 'wow'. It just blew me away.

"Being one of the bigger lower league clubs, I was expecting a lot more in terms of how they wanted to develop as a club on the field.

"But they just didn't seem interested when I was talking about playing a short passing game and taking the football another level up. It was about smashing the ball long and working on set-pieces.

"It was prehistoric stuff. That's not the way to develop a football team."

HOOOOOOOOFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added 02-06-2013 at 18:40 ----------

I hope, in my lesser power as a mere mortal that this thread stays - more to show how your lot have fallen than to talk about a new manager - check out uniteds tactics for next season!!

Edited by Lestat

A-League winning coach Graham Arnold claims he has turned down an offer from Sheffield United and dubbed the club's development blueprint 'prehistoric.'

The 49-year-old, who previously coached Australia, guided the Central Coast Mariners to the title last season and says he was approached by United director and former manager Dave Bassett.

Arnold said: "In all honesty, I didn't have to think too long or too hard about it. It just wasn't for me.

"Forget that the financial offer in itself was quite poor, but I would have been taking three steps backwards in my development as a professional coach if I had gone."

Graham Arnold

"Forget that the financial offer in itself was quite poor, but I would have been taking three steps backwards in my development as a professional coach if I had gone.

"I walked out of that meeting with the club's board and football director Dave Bassett, and said 'wow'. It just blew me away.

"Being one of the bigger lower league clubs, I was expecting a lot more in terms of how they wanted to develop as a club on the field.

"But they just didn't seem interested when I was talking about playing a short passing game and taking the football another level up. It was about smashing the ball long and working on set-pieces.

"It was prehistoric stuff. That's not the way to develop a football team."

WHAT I JOKE WE ARE (UNITED) BE WATCHING THE BLADES FOR LAST 30 YEARS, AND WE ARE GOING BACKWARDS , SO SAD ,SAME OLD UTD

Oh great he describes the offer as basically crap, tactics prehistoric smash the ball long and set pieces, if that's the case the jobs as good as Morgan's as folk say; or that fat useless git Wally Downes who, should not be allowed near the club.

I am sorry but all I can see this season is a season of struggle, in mid table or possibly below, trying hard not to criticise Morgs but he showed in the last 7 games, apart from Swindon he was basically clueless and so out of his depth.

I mean 3-0 down to a team already relegated with players on month to month contracts, I really cannot think who will take the job under the conditions the board want the club running.

I dread the players we're going to keep as if Morgs gets it, then bank on him keeping Porter, I could do better than him. I have read today that Robson is expected to leave tomorrow I have never ever been so disillusioned with my team in all the years of watching/supporting them from sofa.

I'm afraid to say it but we are a two bit outfit I know there are new financial regulations but we could still spend, and keep in line with them.:loopy::loopy::loopy:

Is that the style Wilson was trying to play before he quit or got sacked? Looks like you are destined for more hoofball but if it gets you promorted who cares. Maybe McCabe doesn't believe he can attract players with the ability to play it on the deck

It might have been a bit of over reacting by Arnold.The failure to win enough home games last season might have been put down to DW style of a too slow build up, taking too long and allowing defences to get set up and make themselves difficult to break down.Bassett and the board might have said something like 'we want to get the ball forward quicker',leading Arnold to the conclusion of hoofball.

From what I saw,DW was playing more longball,but we didn't have the players who fitted that style,so even if we do go longer next season,we still have to find the right players with the pace and power in the right places to fit the style and make it work,not easy for the novice who it looks like we are going to get.