I pay for a Weekly bin collection !

Do people really struggle with simple tasks like separating waste? We used to have a full black bin every week before the change, now the waste is sorted between the bins!! All in all the collections haven't been a problem for us.

If your happy to work as an unpaid rubbish sorter for Veolia ,so they can make loads of profit from selling your waste then go for it. Ive no problem with Veolia selling my rubbish and making a profit from it, but there`s no way im doing their dirty work for them and seperating the rubbish so they dont have to pay someone to do it.

Choosing which bin to put something in is "acting as an rubbish sorter". Or in the parlance of normal people, putting rubbish in the bin.

But not only are you incapable of putting your rubbish into one of two different receptacles, you're proud of the fact that you deliberately put it in the wrong one (which means you were capable all along, but think you're striking a blow against the machinery of government). Rebel without a clue.

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 17:30 ----------

Oh, and the vast profit they can make from selling your waste, that allows them to run the rubbish collection service for less, thus saving council tax payers money. I guess you hadn't thought of that whilst enacting your one man passive aggressive revolution against alternating weekly collection though, eh.

No they don't where have you heard that rubbish from? I await your reply :hihi:

Here is the reply Timmmey. On here,don't tell me people lie on the forum.

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 17:55 ----------

eh, what you smoking:loopy:huh:

No need for that AJ was there, but seriously do you think,in this day and age that no-one checks anything!

I hate that the bin collection is now fortnightly, I wouldn't pay a company either. Not when it takes 5 minutes, to put it in back of van and take it tip. I know I could recycle, using the methods provided. Eg blue bin etc....

I don't see why we should do the councils job for them, just to make their lives easier. When all their doing, is making ours hard by reducing bin collections in first place, simples!! :)

Choosing which bin to put something in is "acting as an rubbish sorter". Or in the parlance of normal people, putting rubbish in the bin.

But not only are you incapable of putting your rubbish into one of two different receptacles, you're proud of the fact that you deliberately put it in the wrong one (which means you were capable all along, but think you're striking a blow against the machinery of government). Rebel without a clue.

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 17:30 ----------

Oh, and the vast profit they can make from selling your waste, that allows them to run the rubbish collection service for less, thus saving council tax payers money. I guess you hadn't thought of that whilst enacting your one man passive aggressive revolution against alternating weekly collection though, eh.

I've taken to ignoring his posts tbh. He won't be happy till the council come round and wipe his backside for him and then give him a tenner for the privilege.

I hate that the bin collection is now fortnightly, I wouldn't pay a company either. Not when it takes 5 minutes, to put it in back of van and take it tip. I know I could recycle, using the methods provided. Eg blue bin etc....

I don't see why we should do the councils job for them, just to make their lives easier. When all their doing, is making ours hard by reducing bin collections in first place, simples!! :)

It's not fortnightly, you get your bins emptied every week you just put half your rubbish in one bin and half in the other.

Why is it so hard for some people to recycle and easy for others? :huh:

Well yes I had noticed ,its a bit obvious when they don`t pick up the black bin every week I Just wouldn`t pay for disposal of waste twice ,but hey if that lights your fire go for it

Have you seen the fines for fly tipping? Your fire will be well and truly lit then. :hihi:

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 18:39 ----------

You ought to find out where it goes and ask to see their waste carriers license

....and find out where they are taking it to.

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 18:40 ----------

I know there legal they shown me letters from authorities and I don't pay till it's been emptied I would like to recycle more myself but just don't have the time :)

You don't get letters from authorites.

It's not fortnightly, you get your bins emptied every week you just put half your rubbish in one bin and half in the other.

My bin don't get emptied every week, bin men come round here every other week. It's not hard, just can't be bothered and chose not to do it. I don't see point doing it, to make their lives easier when they do jack to make my life easier. :) lol

I think it's a psychological thing. I suspect the ones that find it hard are the ones that have a problem with anything that isn't for their own self gain.

The ones that find it easy are the ones that can see the reasons it needs to be done and are prepared to make a bit of effort for the greater good.

who me sorry not me gov it was her over there honest .To be honest its a good idea if its legal well they got a vat reg number so anyone can check with companies house all the details and for and extra £3 anyone can get the financial records of any company :love:

/QUOTE]

A VAT number doesn't mean they are licenced to move waste. :roll: Even if you get to see theeir carriers licnece you need to check on the public register to check its actually valid.

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 18:51 ----------

For those who are interested in using this companies services but would like to ensure they are legit could you please provide us with their waste management licence number (there is nothing listed for the company on the environment agency website, but this may be just due to them neing new and the records not being update yet (I have checked on company name, website name and registered address).

The licence number will be in Part C of the transfer note under Carriers certificate.

jb

Phone up to check. Thats what I do for suppliers who I use. At worst it only usually takes two weeks for a new (first time application not renewal) entry to show up on the public register. The number for the Environment Agency enquiry line is 08708 506 506

You ARE doing their job for them though aren't you, you say you put it in back of van and take it to the tip !!! :huh:

how many times a week do the bins get emptied.