More bar staff at Fox House

The service has been awful in there the last few times I've been. I do feel sorry for the staff though, they looked rushed off their feet!

Hate to be one of those ordering an 'annoying for others' hot drink (but I was driving and it was freezing!), but last time I went I asked for a pot of tea. Took 20 minutes for them to make it. When it arrived, it had one of those mini milk jugs turned upside down and put on top of the tea pot, as they'd run out of lids! And a fork to stir it with!!!

Tea????? Why not ask for 3 teas in separate pots because due to our beliefs we can't share a spout.....or, "a skinny latte with an extra shot" from some granny who grew up in (and should stay in) the era of milky Camp coffee in Pyrex cups. And then pays by CARD!!!!!!!

It always annoys me that places are short-staffed when there are millions wanting work.

The fact is that if they paid £10,000 per hour they would have no difficulty getting staff. On the other hand if they paid 0.10p per hour then they would get no-one.

The answer lies somewhere in between and they have it wrong.

I worked at the fox house last year and the year before and trust me the staff get just as annoyed at making coffee's as the customers. I used to find it incredibly annoying if I was behind the bar on a Sunday when the place is packed out, people queuing out of the door and a group of walkers came in and ordered 5 cappacino's, a latte, a pot of tea and a glass of tap water! I'm sure the poster can understand why people have to wait for a proper drink (it's a pub at the end of the day, have a pint).

Besides you have to realize that it's run by Mitchell and Butlers, the biggest pub/restaurant chain in the country. The profit turnover from the coffee machine is astronomical. They have also had a lot of problems with management over the past year but seem to be getting back on their feet.....I wish them all the luck in the world (even though i'm not there anymore).