Baby rice In milk?

Does or has anyone ever put baby rice into the lo bottles??

My son is almost 15 weeks and had gone from drinking 6oz bottles to maybe 3/4 he just doesn't seem fussed about it anymore but I can tell he us still hungry

He would never let you take the bottle off him to wind him until he had drained it now we have no problems.

Wondering if I should start putting a little rice in his bottles??

Any advice welcome please

First time mummy

Have you tried him on a "hungry baby" formula? I think most brands do one, and it might be easier on his digestion than trying to get the balance right with adding your own rice.

Yeah tried that but it made him really grumpy and unsettled so tried a different brand but he wouldn't drink it x

Is he having difficulty sucking due to an ear infection or teething?

Baby rice isn't going to solve the problem if that is the case

Have you spoken to your health visitor?

He is sucking fine, about 2 weeks ago the doctor thought it might be his teeth so gave us some calpol but have given it him last 2 days thinking if maybe but it's made no difference, x

I thought you weren't meant to put rice in their bottles as it is a choking risk?

If he has had enough of the bottle, maybe he just isn't hungry? If he's still gaining weight then I wouldn't be worried. I'm sure when he wants more milk again he will let you know.

He is def still hungry.

Iv heard mixed things about rice in bottles that's why I asked if anyone does it

From what I was handed in a NHS leaflet at the hospital - they don't recommend the extra hungry stuff. Can't remember exactly why but made sense to me at the time - they say first born formula, all the way right up to 6 months and weening - more goodness in it, nutrition = satisfied.

I know the hungry baby milk is more fatty and contains something that makes baby think they are hungry but they aren't actually getting what they need because they feel to full.

Is he gaining weight? I definitely wouldn't give baby rice yet. His gut is too immature to digest it and you expose him to higher risks of allergies as his gut isn't lined with the IgA antibody until he produces it for himself around 6 months. This is why health visitors advise breast or formula only until this time. Rice is also constipating, oatmeal is much better and less likely to contain lead contamination. Try smaller, more frequent feeds or try another brand of milk. Speak to your health visitor for more specific advice. Good luck, and try not to worry. Baby led feeding is recommended as long as they're healthy and gaining weight steadily.

Maybe I'm wrong here but are you looking for someone to tell you it's OK to put him on solids?

Because no one here can tell you to do that. The advice is to wait until 6 months but some babies do need to be put on solids earlier. This, however, is something you really need to speak to your HV first about especially as your son is only just over 3 months old.

No as it says I'm asking if anyone has or does this. He is 4 months next week and been advised from the following week as he will be 17 weeks I can give him proper food. He is a big boy showing massive interest in food any many other signs he is ready for weaning

I know hv don't agree with rice or rusks in bottles as they are go eating their backs so wanted to know people's experiences of it if any