This is England '90

Typical Sheffield. Revelling in is past.

What's wrong with that? Sheffield has great history, and some Sheffielders have good grammar and spelling. Just a thought :)
Its not set in Sheffield. It might be filmed here but its not set here

Its not set in Sheffield. It might be filmed here but its not set here

Where is it set?

Where is it set?
Its not particularly set anywhere. Its just supposed to be set oop north somewhere. The first film was filmed in Grimsby but a lot of the actors have Nottinghamshire accents which kind of fudges it a bit. Since then the tv series have been filmed in Sheffield but no reference to it being set in Sheffield has been mentioned. It could be set anywhere really

The character Woody is sporting a beard that would only ever be seen on a copper or a submarine captain in 1990. Shouldn't be surprised though, it's not like there we are any skinheads by '90 either. Mod fashion was going through a lull and was incredibly rare at this time, like the beard. don't mind the artistic licence it's just embarrassing how people fawn over how 'authentic' the show is. Watched half an episode of the last one. Hospital scene. Pitiful.

miserable get

its NOT authentic, although bits in the original film i can relate to from my life. the following series are dramatic and comedic and less of the skinhead / mod lifestyles

Its not particularly set anywhere. Its just supposed to be set oop north somewhere. The first film was filmed in Grimsby but a lot of the actors have Nottinghamshire accents which kind of fudges it a bit. Since then the tv series have been filmed in Sheffield but no reference to it being set in Sheffield has been mentioned. It could be set anywhere really

For all intents and purposes its set in Sheffield for me.

For all intents and purposes its set in Sheffield for me.
Good for you.

Is that to make your earlier comment seem right?

Good for you.

Is that to make your earlier comment seem right?

As you rightly say It doesn't say its set any place else but the programme is filmed in Sheffield, with many of the locations recognisable to many Sheffielders. So how stupid of me to assume its set in Sheffield. :rolleyes:

As you rightly say It doesn't say its set any place else but the programme is filmed in Sheffield, with many of the locations recognisable to many Sheffielders. So how stupid of me to assume its set in Sheffield. :rolleyes:

You are right, it is a bit stupid of you to assume it's set in Sheffield.

You are right, it is a bit stupid of you to assume it's set in Sheffield.

Why is it?

Why is it?
I'm going to presume you want an answer other than - its not set in Sheffield

Why is it?

cos if you know the director you know they are all set in nottingham