Drunken bloke refusing to leave Sheffield bus

I don't think anyone should have paid his fare. Like has already been said, he can afford to get drunk he should pay for public transport like the rest of the people on that bus. Also maybe it wasn't just a case of paying his fare, maybe the bus driver didn't want him on the bus because he was so drunk or past experiences with this man or he had been abusive before what we see on the footage!

I can sympathise with the woman as she said she had a child to collect from nursery, maybe she could have handled the situation better but I don't think he expected anyone else to get involved most people daren't these days and that's how these people get away with their actions.

Though if the driver had called for the police to attend as he says then I'd have left it after that as surely the bus still had to wait for the police to attend?

Fair play to her is alls I can say. She was spot on.

Never mess with a woman who's gotta get to her kids.

Fair play to her is alls I can say. She was spot on.

Never mess with a woman who's gotta get to her kids.

Because they can be totally unreasonable. I haven't watched the video, but I've had an irate customer at work before who was shouting and making a huge scene because she was later to pick up her child, the simple matter of the fact is, if she had just been calm and let us explain what was happening, it would have been over in less than 5 minutes, instead of the half an hour she spent in the store making sure everyone in France could hear her.

Shame on the bus driver. He is the one who should have taken charge of the situation. He should have also told the woman to sit down and not swear. I think she was as bad as the drunk with her language. Yes she was angry but really she should have been talking to the driver not the drunk. Paying the drunk's fare would only encourage him to do the same again.

Just come across this video, it shows a drunken bloke with no bus ticket refusing to leave the bus when a bit of a severe old battleaxe decides to have a go at him.

Had I have been there I think I'd have taken pity on him and paid his fare to resolve the situation.

I'm just curious to know what comments from you guys are on this unfortunate episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grvoC4dHmmk

Shame on the driver and shame on the gobby women.

She was the bully, it was down to the driver to have him removed not some mouthy bit trying to look "ard".

---------- Post added 14-04-2013 at 12:03 ----------

This is why I don't use public transport.

I have to say its one of the things i dont miss about using public transport.

This is why I don't use public transport.

It's the accent I can't abide.

She was spot on with everything she said. Maybe a little less on the profanities but I myself have been known to eff & Jeff when wound up.

I agree wholeheartedly with her. Everyone else has paid up & had a right to get to their destination. He was not only trying to bum a free ride but in doing so was stopping the other passengers get to their destination on time. He didn't expect anyone to stand up to him let alone a young woman. Notice she had no back up at all yet there were more than enough people to help him off the bus.

She achieved what she set about to do & fair play to her. They'd have probably sat there another hour waiting for the cops.

Imagine a world where instead of the vile behaviour and language of this woman, a kind gentleman stood up and said to the other bus users, "here we have a person in obvious distress through alcoholism, let us HELP him by each donating 10p to pay for his ticket, he deserves our help because he is a fellow human being in trouble". You know, kindness has a rippling effect and one day that drunk will remember the kindness he was showed and he will help someone else in need and the world can be a better place for our children and our children's children.

Imagine a world where instead of the vile behaviour and language of this woman, a kind gentleman stood up and said to the other bus users, "here we have a person in obvious distress through alcoholism, let us HELP him by each donating 10p to pay for his ticket, he deserves our help because he is a fellow human being in trouble". You know, kindness has a rippling effect and one day that drunk will remember the kindness he was showed and he will help someone else in need and the world can be a better place for our children and our children's children.

Sometimes it's just nice to be kind isn't it :)

The woman went for a conflict and ended up having a daft row. Give the man one chance to be reasonable and then, if he won't, forcibly throw him off. She just wasted her own time and energy. Silly behaviour.

Sometimes it's just nice to be kind isn't it :)

I think so. And not only is it nice to be kind, it's the right thing to do. Sadly this woman acted otherwise.