Drunken bloke refusing to leave Sheffield bus

Maybe the walk home would have cleared his head and made him consider his actions. A free bus ride certainly wouldn't have

You're just being silly now. He needed assistance and his fellow man let him down. Who knows what happened to him after. I hope someone who knows him can update this thread to ensure he got home safely.

Not at all good sir/madam..

It's called a preemptive statement for that reason -

No. Its called a wrong judgement.

Dress it up how you like but it tells me masses about your character.

Or rather lack of it :)

Just come across this video, it shows a drunken bloke with no bus ticket refusing to leave the bus when a bit of a severe old battleaxe decides to have a go at him.

Had I have been there I think I'd have taken pity on him and paid his fare to resolve the situation.

I'm just curious to know what comments from you guys are on this unfortunate episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grvoC4dHmmk

Dunno what the bus driver was doing when all this was happening, like you I'd have paid the fellas fare if I'd been on the bus too.

That old battle axe was totally out of order when she pushed him when she could see that he was getting off the bus anyway.

I recognise that voice, and im sure from the little I saw of the bloke, I could name him :hihi:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryRiley

Maybe the walk home would have cleared his head and made him consider his actions. A free bus ride certainly wouldn't have

You're just being silly now. He needed assistance and his fellow man let him down. Who knows what happened to him after. I hope someone who knows him can update this thread to ensure he got home safely.

Think how many people go out at the weekend in to the city centre and get drunk. Would you be happy to pay a share of all those poor people's taxis? Should anyone be held responsible for their own actions? What if I like buying expensive clothes and as a result can't pay my rent? Should people be expected to chip in to help a fellow human being out?

This isn't someone who made his own way home and ran into some trouble on the way. He got in to a private vehicle without having the necessary money and expected to be driven home for free. What incentive is there for these people to change if we just keep funding their lifestyle?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I think I may pop out for a few hours.. get drunk and then wander the streets, jumping onto trams/busses to see how much carnage I can cause..

Don't worry Placebo, if I see you drunk in the gutter, I won't care how you got there, I'll just be concerned that you're there. I'll pick you up and carry you to safety, because I'm kind.

Bless you! Can you make sure you bring me some clean knickers as I may/may not soil myself also :P

I haven't quite decided yet.

No problem.

When I find myself in times of trouble

Mother Mary comes to me

Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

And in my hour of darkness

She is standing right in front of me

Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

It's so sad, so much negativity. We are so quick to judge others in despair and need. We must look past where they are and how they got there and focus on making a brighter day so lets start giving.

We are the world, we are the children

We are the ones who make a brighter day

So lets start giving

There's a choice we're making

We're saving our own lives

Its true we'll make a better day

Just you and me

Ahhhhhh Michael Jackson, one of my favourite songs, it means so much

Again, you are incorrect.

Really?

But then you say

Oh I'm downright evil - I'll admit that myself, it does not need me coming on a forum to show people that :D

So I'll say - thanks :thumbsup:

Evil people have no issue lying to save fave.

You are lying to save face.

You're welcome

Thinking more on the situation - where was the bus driver while all this was going on.

From the video it looks like hes sat down. Could be on phone to police or bus garage.

Could be sat quiet not wanting to get involved its hard to say.

I've watched this a couple of times and then last night asked my 16 year old son to do the same. Both of the same opinion that this 'lady' is disgusting. Not saying he should get a free ride but perhaps has his own problems. We both agreed with me saying I would have paid his fare just to shut her up. Also if I had been there I would have called the police to report her for assault. Wonder if she would have gone up against hooligans carrying out kicking attacks on a defenceless drunk beded down for the night the same way?

Is he constantly 'off his face' day after day may I ask?

If its the guy I think it is...yes, pretty much..

Now, here's a thing: has it occurred to anyone that the poor fellow might be a sufferer of Parkinson's Disease, or another condition with similar symptoms, least of all to the woman in the video? These symptoms often resemble drunkenness, and sufferers frequently tell of terrible prejudice against themselves in their day-to-day lives. He could have just been mugged, or simply lost his money, and been unable to explain his plight. What's £1.40 once in a blue moon? How would you feel if that had been a relative of yours?

How does the video look now? Would those of you applaud this woman's actions cheer quite so loudly next time?