Crucible snooker - heaphones & session info?

Guest brownd95

Hello

please can someone advise on the following as im a newbie:

1) do you get headphones for every match and if so do you have to pay for them?

2) if you go to watch 10am session, how long does it last and do you get to watch the whole match with this ticket?

Thanks,

you pay for the session . not till match ends unless it gets finished by either player depending on number of frames in that round . If its 2 tables you don't get to decide either which match you want to see . my friend last year paid approx £75 for 2 tickets for 8 frames . it happened to be the last session so he got to see end of match . But he would have rather watched other table with Robertson .

As for earphones not sure .

Guest brownd95

because the ticket i have bought said 10am . roughly what time would the session finish and how come there isnt more than one sessions available for this match??

CONFUSED hehe

---------- Post added 13-04-2013 at 16:29 ----------

what i mean is... like with football i pay £30 to watch the whole game.

with snooker, if it starts at 10am, surely i have paid for the whole match right??

There was no tickets on sale for individual sessions..... confused

because the ticket i have bought said 10am . roughly what time would the session finish and how come there isnt more than one sessions available for this match??

CONFUSED hehe

---------- Post added 13-04-2013 at 16:29 ----------

what i mean is... like with football i pay £30 to watch the whole game.

with snooker, if it starts at 10am, surely i have paid for the whole match right??

There was no tickets on sale for individual sessions..... confused

you've paid for the session , so depends how many frames are in that session could be 6 could be 8 . thats all you'll see . Its impossible to tell you how long the session is . depends how well they play . If it's the first session of the match you wont see end of match . You've paid for a session not a match bascially .

Guest brownd95

ok thanks for your help

its to watch judd.

he plays in the afternoon 23rd, then ive got tiket for 24th 10am so i think this must be the final session :-)

Regarding headphones - yes they are available but you have to pay for them. You get to keep them so you can use the same pair for both sessions. I can't remember how much I paid - maybe £3 or £4 (in a previous year).

You don't have to buy headphones, but I'd strongly recommend it as you get to follow the BBC commentary, which adds a lot to the experience.

I'm not sure if the commentary is broadcast on the radio? If so you may be able to bring your own radio and hook your own headphones to it.

Edit: Yes, you've got tickets to the final Judd session. There is a slim chance that he'll fly through the opposition and not make it to the second (final) session but that's pretty unlikely.

Edited by Unitedite

You don't have to buy headphones, but I'd strongly recommend it as you get to follow the BBC commentary, which adds a lot to the experience.

If you do use them, please keep the volume down to a reasonable level. Lost count of how many times the referee has to ask people to turn them down as even the players can hear them. So annoying to hear tinny little voices coming at you from all directions.

Guest brownd95

while on the subject, could you advise;

1) dress code

2) can you take food and drink into the building??

thanks

There isn't really a dress code. The majority of people will be wearing jeans and a t-shirt/jumper. I wouldn't wear anything too outlandish or revealing, but at the other side of the scale if you want to turn up in a suit I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid.

I don't know about food. When I was at the cruicible last week watching a play people were eating sweets, but I don't know if they brought them from outside. I'm pretty sure you can't bring alcohol.

No food other than sweets etc and definitely no alcohol will be admitted to the building. Also Starbucks/Costa and the like will not be allowed in. There is no dress code.

I'm not sure if the commentary is broadcast on the radio? If so you may be able to bring your own radio and hook your own headphones to it.

Does anybody know the answer to this? I'm going to the afternoon session on Saturday 20th, and I'd much rather use my own radio if possible, with earphones, than pay for one which I won't use again. I'm sure my snug in-ear earphones will keep the sound in my ear and out of the auditorium better too.

Also, does anyone know what frequency it's broadcast on? Even roughly? I was lucky enough to go to the Chinese F1 grand prix last year and, cheekily, they were broadcasting the race commentary on about 78 FM even though their public FM band is roughly the same as ours. i.e. 'Normal' radios couldn't pick it up. However, I was able to download an FM radio app for my Android smartphone in which I was able to select a different FM band, and hence I was able to pick up the commentary. :D

Guest brownd95

Hi All.

How long does a snooker session last?

I have tickets for 10AM and 7PM but with one eye on public transport and parking costs etc just wondering how long each session would last.

Thanks,

Dave