Help Looking For Free Advertising

Does anyone know of any free advertising. We are a new business starting up and I am trying use as much free advertising as I can find before having to pay for :)

Does anyone know of any free advertising. We are a new business starting up and I am trying use as much free advertising as I can find before having to pay for :)

How interesting, exactly what new business have you started, how can you serve me?

advertising options / type / location etc will depend on what you are advertising

For example - advertising cupcakes would be very different to window cleaning

Gives us more ideas and i'm sure people will try to help

We are a First Aid Company

Why not join the ever increasing number of forum members who have a signature that is longer than "war and peace" and post nonsense just to get exposure on the forum for free.

Have you considered joining the Chamber of Commerce so that you can go to their networking events? This would put you in touch with businesses who might be interested in your services

Think of companies that buy this training eg care homes, retail, hotels etc and do some targeted advertising

Have you considered the impact of changes to the First Aid Regulations in October which will remove HSE approval of training and qualifications? It would be good to start working on this now eg building contacts with smaller businesses who are less likely to do their own training 'in-house'

You could pretend to save someone's life...get in the news and that.

yes the new regulations are to be Ofqual qualified which we are and ive been in the town center delivering leaflets to business's but not getting any replies :/

yes the new regulations are to be Ofqual qualified which we are and ive been in the town center delivering leaflets to business's but not getting any replies :/

What do you sell?

Try Gumtree.com

Edited by Shef_Fitness

Try Gumtree.com

Also, some shameless business owners also put links to their own website and their facebook page within their signature and then post on the forum, which inadvertantly advertises their own business everytime they make a comment on the forum.

Indeed... but be careful!

... By posting rubbish, or something that does not necessarily contribute to the thread, or something that is not a popular opinion, or by accidentally winding someone up, then the business owner may also be inadvertently alienating people from using their business services...

... and the thing is, there's no way of knowing just how many potential customers you may have lost just by expressing your own opinion on a thread.

But I'm sure you all knew that anyway, and it would never happen, would it? :hihi:

... and the thing is, there's no way of knowing just how many potential customers you may have lost just by expressing your own opinion on a thread.

:

Mr Bloke is so right, I see these imbeciles getting all opinionated in controversial threads, bickering and arguing all the time and I just think, if you're this dumb you don't realise your hurting your business then I'm never going to hire you or buy from you. So I don't. I bet they often wonder why they don't get much business from the forum. :hihi: