Weekly to monthly pay

Removed due to good advice from Some members

Thanks

Edited by AUTOBOY58
Advice sought.

The problem is that your employer is not a bank. They have already offered you a pay back option over a staggering 3 months.

I'm puzzled how they can pay you a loan that covers the 3 weeks you would have got anyway but then can't pay it back when you get your first months pay let alone 3 months. I just don't get the maths here. Or is it late??!!

What's the drop in pay by the way? Is it much?

How do you mean late?

Basically I have agreed to a loan to help me through the month. £500.

And to pay it back over 3 months. The way the contract was explained I could have paid the agreed back over 3 months with over time.

But it was explained wrong To me and I have to work 52 hours overtime before seeing it in my pay packet. The 52 hours have been worked out and put into my yearly salary. Once I have worked the 52 hours overtime, then I will see extra going into my pay as a time n half figure.

Try speaking to your creditors and companies whose bills are due during the period when you are waiting to be paid, they may be able to help if you explain the situation.

It sounds like (and correct me if I'm wrong) the main issue is that you previously made plans which depended upon getting paid weekly and you will be without money for 3 weeks?

If you are struggling financially regardless of the changes, and have debts, have you obtained any advice from a debt advisory company? I would recommend StepChange http://www.stepchange.org - they have helped me, you only pay what you can afford towards your debts.

Afternoon.

I have been working for a firm since July 2012 on a temporary rolling contract. I was paid weekly on this. I have recently been told i can have a permanent role but would be paid monthly. With certain clauses in my salaried contract. I advised at the time that financially I could not cope with the transition and was offered a small loan to help make it easier to help with the 3 weeks of no pay. I declined this as I have other debts looming anyway. But was advised that in order to be given the role I would need to go on monthly. Although other employees are still on weekly. I reluctantly accepted this and I asked to pay the loan back at what I know would be affordable per month. My offers of repayment were declined by my employer. Instead I have to pay lump sums over 3 months. Of which I know will cripple me. After agreeing to this and signing a letter to this effect I have since been told that the structure of my salary was explained incorrectly and i now will not be earning as much as I thought I was. I have today requested this be looked into and if I could go back to weekly or even fortnightly. This is being discussed at some point. But I believe this may not be an option. Due to past events in my life I have hit financial hardship. And am paying out lots to get things back on track. However now I feel I am in no better position than I was before accepting this pay rise salary.

I am asking for help and advice please?

I know I should just get on with it and be thankful I have a job.

I am 33 have 2 young kids who I see when I can in the week and have them every weekend. I try to budget when I can but life's been pretty rubbish for me

of late. I can barley afford to keep the rent up and house warm when I have the kids. So looking after myself is hard and even harder when I have them. I want to be a good dad and role model.

I suppose my real question is. How can I confront my employer to say I can't afford these bigger payments and even with the assistance they offered me be paid monthly.

Thanks

---------- Post added 12-04-2013 at 17:26 ----------

And also if things come to it. Have any legal rights? (Last resort )

Can you ask to be paid fortnightly for the first coupe of months while you adjust over to monthly pay?

Some other suggestions are on here:

http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Jobs-and-Education/Question742031.html

I asked the question and was told no. I have kicked a fuss up about it and if I'm

Still employed Monday i will ask it again. Thanks for the link.

The problem is that your employer is not a bank. They have already offered you a pay back option over a staggering 3 months.

I'm puzzled how they can pay you a loan that covers the 3 weeks you would have got anyway but then can't pay it back when you get your first months pay let alone 3 months. I just don't get the maths here. Or is it late??!!

What's the drop in pay by the way? Is it much?

I'm confused too. Surely if you had an advanced load to help from weekly to monthly then you would have used the money as normal salary and would be straight after the month was up.

Please get some help to show you how to budget your money and live within your means. I hope you get sorted soon.

Edit - post was meant to be directed to the o/p. I quoted Indizine because I agree with the post.

Surely you should be able to see that you have had an advance on your months wages and it will balance itself out over the next 3 months because what normally happens with monthly pay is you are paid 2 weeks in advance and two weeks in arrears so you should find your 1st monthly wage is more than a months pay possibly even 6 or 7 weeks

Surely you should be able to see that you have had an advance on your months wages and it will balance itself out over the next 3 months because what normally happens with monthly pay is you are paid 2 weeks in advance and two weeks in arrears so you should find your 1st monthly wage is more than a months pay possibly even 6 or 7 weeks

If in the same job they should only get one month ie two weeks in advance and two in arrears. They would only have to wait two weeks for their first wage. Most direct debits are monthly anyway so I think its easier on monthly pay. I have only ever been paid more than a month when it has taken ages for payroll to get sorted so I have had my first wage late.

I meant late as in 10 o clock at night.

Also don't understand why you felt it appropriate to kick up a fuss. In this climate you are a temp offered a full job and because they won't be even more generous than they are being already, which is very good of them, you think it's okay to kick up a fuss? Really? I'd be withdrawing the job offer i'm afraid.

One thing is clear, you don't seem to actually need the job or else like many other people who come to the forum for job advice, you'd be asking how to reach the solution without losing your job because you can't simply afford to lose it. Then where will you be and how will you pay your bills with no wages at all and benefits takes ages to sort out?

Thanks for the advice. Clearly I asked for advice not judgement. Thanks to those who offered good responses.

You mean you asked for advice and was told something you didn't want to hear.

My advice was that your employer has already been generous...yet you kick off because they are not as generous as you want them to be.

My advice is that you will appear to them as not valuing your potential new perm job; they could withdraw their offer.

My advice is see it from their perspective and don't take risks with at least what you have so far.....a job.

I can see now that was not good advice...:roll: