Good butchers in Gleadless / city centre?

Are there any decent butchers in Gleadless or the city centre?

I want to buy good quality meat and would rather use an independant rather than going to the supermarkets.

Thanks

I can recommend Websters at Gleadless Townend. First class meat.

I can recommend Websters at Gleadless Townend. First class meat.

I will second that because I have been going there for years and never had cause to complain.

Sweet, thanks!

What are the prices like?

The best butcher I have found in Sheffield is Batty's on woodseats. We buy all our meat from their and they are very very well priced.

I know they are nor city centre or Gleadless but they are not that far away and well worth the journey.

Roneys on Sharrowvale Road gets my vote.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

i'm afraid the only way Websters gets a Gleadless recommendation is that it's the only butchers in Gleadless. I do second Battys and Roneys however, although not close to GTE.

i'm afraid the only way Websters gets a Gleadless recommendation is that it's the only butchers in Gleadless. I do second Battys and Roneys however, although not close to GTE.

No, he just happens to sell good meat.

I used to go there myself as it was the closest to me. He does in fact sell meat but the quality is not the same as it used to be so i have taken my business elsewhere. further to travel but don't mind that if I get superior quality.

I used to go there myself as it was the closest to me. He does in fact sell meat but the quality is not the same as it used to be so i have taken my business elsewhere. further to travel but don't mind that if I get superior quality.

It's worth travelling for good meat I think. Compare a good steak from a butchers with one from your average supermarket and they may as well not be the same meal. Butchers sell the best meat as far as I'm concerned.

meat van on horse and groom pub car park blackstock road

,Saturdays 9am-3pm,

worth a visit