Margaret Thatchers Funeral 17th April 2013

Will the cops be wearing numbers for the funeral?

No. they are holding an Orgreave Reunion party at the same time. ;)

---------- Post added 15-04-2013 at 22:24 ----------

How are people being "silenced"?

Go back to sleep...........:hihi:

however you might want to criticise Margaret Thatcher, she definitely believed in free speech. Like anybody else, I ever rated (although I must stress I would never have voted for her). Anybody that thinks she was like a paranoid tinpot dictator needs their head examining.

---------- Post added 15-04-2013 at 22:42 ----------

I'm not a Labour supporter

now now. Don't get vain.

however you might want to criticise Margaret Thatcher, she definitely believed in free speech. Like anybody else, I ever rated (although I must stress I would never have voted for her). Anybody that thinks she was like a paranoid tinpot dictator needs their head examining.

How do you square this with support for dictatorial regimes?

Hopefully it will be sky living or uk gold :)

I thought BID TV, or Smarmy Dave.

however you might want to criticise Margaret Thatcher, she definitely believed in free speech. [

Unless you were a trade union member, or gay, or a teacher.

Even David Cameron had more sense - Caution: Contains Daily Mail Content.

[/color]

How do you square this with support for dictatorial regimes?

in the context of the Cold War, I wouldn't put her support for Pinochet all that high up the graph. After all Nelson Mandela sold arms to a similarly brutal Indonesian dictatorship, just because they supported the ANC, which they used, totally unjustifiably, against the East Timorese. But you will have to look for that, when they write Madiba's obits.

basically I would take one Pinochet for every 5 or 10 Castros. Fidel Castro never went to his people in a referendum and said, 'hey do you want me to continue, being your dictator or what?'

when the Chilean people, to Pinochet's surprise, said no we don't, thanks very much he stood down.

Edited by callippo

---------- Post added 15-04-2013 at 22:42 ----------

now now. Don't get vain.

Thatcher's 1986 Public Order Act must have passed you by.:roll:

in the context of the Cold War, no not so much, not really though now I would. Nelson Mandela after all, will have people raking over his coals about selling arms to his buddies in Indonesia, when he is in the ground and they are writing his obituaries. The arms Madiba sanctioned to the Indonesian dictatorship were used in East Timor, by a totally brutal regime.

basically I would take 5 or 10 Pinochets over a single Castro. Castro never went to his people with a referendum and said do you want me to continue to be your dictator, or what? And when the Chilean people said no we don't, Pinochet stood down.

---------- Post added 15-04-2013 at 23:10 ----------

in the context of the Cold War, I wouldn't put her support for Pinochet all that high up the graph. After all Nelson Mandela sold arms to a similarly brutal Indonesian dictatorship, just because they supported the ANC, which they used, totally unjustifiably, against the East Timorese. But you will have to look for that, when they write Madiba's obits.

basically I would take one Pinochet for every 5 or 10 Castros. Fidel Castro never went to his people in a referendum and said, 'hey do you want me to continue, being your dictator or what?'

when the Chilean people, to Pinochet's surprise, said no we don't, thanks very much he stood down.

Mandela bad. Pinochet good.

So, Maggie was right about who she supported?

I never said Mandela was bad. I actually lived in South Africa when he was president, which I doubt you did. But even Madiba, made arms deals with dodgy regimes.

If the scum who intend to protest at the funeral went back under thier stones then the cost of security would be saved. Just hope that amongst our own scum we don't have any terrorist letting of bombs.

I never said Mandela was bad. I actually lived in South Africa when he was president, which I doubt you did. But even Madiba, made arms deals with dodgy regimes.

And Margaret Thatcher, as Prime Minister signed the biggest arms deal ever completed by this country with Saudi Arabia, a country which carries out public executions in the town squares following services in their Mosques.

The deal was for £468 Billion & her son Mark received a commission of £20 Million as part of the deal.

No one, as far as I am aware, has ever adequately explained precisely what insight, knowledge, or expertise Mark Thatcher possessed to justify such a reward.

Obviously, there is a perfectly acceptable explanation, it's just that we're still waiting for it.

Obviously, there is a perfectly acceptable explanation, it's just that we're still waiting for it.

And I'm sure that you will get it. Just as soon as he finds his way out of that damned desert.

---------- Post added 16-04-2013 at 00:01 ----------

If the scum who intend to protest at the funeral went back under thier stones then the cost of security would be saved. Just hope that amongst our own scum we don't have any terrorist letting of bombs.

Given that you don't know whether the "scum" as you charmingly call them, are going to do anything at all. How do you think that them not doing something non-specific is going to save us all money?

The country is about to spend an obscene amount of money defending a dead woman from a non-existent threat. Well done us.