Arrogant adviser's at West Street dole office

I know some 1 who has had problems with west street job ctr and he said the two women that greet you when you first walk in west street job ctr are very arrogant and very unhelpfull. This isnt the first time ive heard about the same members of staff at this job ctr to strangely enough :suspect:.when i was made unemployed and had to make a claim I myself have had to wait 10 week for benefits and on the 5th week i had run out of money and i had 4 kids to look after and they didnt seem the slightest bit bothered. After going in for 4 days in a row i broke down in tears because the only other option i had was to phone social services so i could feed my kids which is the last thing i wanted to do.( As a parent that is a horrible feeling when iyou carnt put food on the table to feed your kids). It wasnt untill i asked to use there phone to phone them and that if i did i would go public about it they realised i was serious in what i was saying. I got a crisis loan to see me through but following week i was in the same position and then ended up resulting getting my local mp involved. I got it sorted eventually but like i said took 10 week. I myself think the job ctr staff need to show a bit more compassion and not tar every 1 with the same brush when they come through the door ( after all people are on a low because of the situation they are in they dont want to be made to feel any worse than they are do they.

If I was getting money for nothing, I don't think I'd be complaining about having to queue up and having a bit of a wait. 5 days a week I have to queue up at a bus stop and often have to wait 15 mins for a bus both ways, not to mention the 20 minute journey time. I'm pretty sure Job Centre staff have a difficult job and claimants need to be a bit more grateful!

Couldn't agree more! Well said!

Sadly if his pension is more than JSA then it could nil him, but he should still be able to sign on for NI credits. I am so sorry he feels he is treat differently, if he is it is not right at all.

Just an update, my friend won't be signing on again, he's found himself a full-time job. It can be done!

Have you got a job for life? :roll:

I take it you are referring to JC+ staff there, trust me it's not a job for life, look at the facts its quite astounding how many staff have lost their jobs. DWP always publicise that they don't made redundancies, they do, and also use other "back door" methods to get rid of staff.

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 20:19 ----------

Just an update, my friend won't be signing on again, he's found himself a full-time job. It can be done!

Good on him, I sincerely hope it works out for him.:):)

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 20:30 ----------

I have and know only too well the abuse they get, that said though...some are more deserving than others.

But, the attitude of I have to meet my dealer at 3 and be in the pub by half past so would you please hurry up and sign me doesn't hold water with me, I'd happily allow you to keep the seat warm for a good hour.

The ones that attend 10 mins early and make a beeline for the machines to look for work are the ones that deserve to be processed quickly.

I had a strategy start off when they come to desk with an hello, and be polite it works with quite a lot but as you say not all. I've had them walk in throw their ES40 on the desk and say here, I ask what's that for and they say come to sign on.

They are politely told that if they don't sit down and speak in a civil tongue trust me they won't be getting signed on, they grunt sit down and I went through things with them.

Trust me I saw more people who it was an absolute pleasure to serve, than not to.

That was a lot of years ago, but people don't realise the threats that staff get, I'll admit they are not all perfect but doing the best they can in a difficult situation.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quote tags

PRAISE THE LORD!!! I was in West Street office this afternoon at my correct appointment time and there was only ONE person in front of me! Have they at long last sorted out the queue problem, then, I wonder?

Have they at long last sorted out the queue problem?

They've probably just stopped everyone else's benefits.

They've probably just stopped everyone else's benefits.

If the benefits are stopped its for a good reason!

Nice sentiments but my guess is you'd be spitting blood in seconds, they are not all scum that use the offices some just unfortunate. I think when you've had chairs, PC's, thrown at you, or been stabbed you opinion would not be so blaze.

To be fair he never said they were all scum bypass mi owd fellow blade , I for 1 think it would be a good idea . :hihi:

If the benefits are stopped its for a good reason!

i rather tend to doubt that.

At my local jobcentre you no longer get a sit down with the advisors .

All you do is tick some boxes on a bit of paper and hand it over to them .

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

At my local jobcentre you no longer get a sit down with the advisors .

All you do is tick some boxes on a bit of paper and hand it over to them .

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Enabling scroungers just got easier then.

All hail George Osborne and his benefit reforms!