Arrogant adviser's at West Street dole office

pardon?

When you were applauding that bloke for his work ethic (that Chris_B), I could not work out if you were being honest or facetious, all people who work have the ethic. I had it for 40 years now sadly on verge of medical retirement.

Bypassblade,

I am sure you still have it. Medical retirement, ergo the inability to work, does not mean that you don't have work ethic.

pardon?

When you were applauding that bloke for his work ethic (that Chris_B), I could not work out if you were being honest or facetious, all people who work have the ethic. I had it for 40 years now sadly on verge of medical retirement.

I hoped it was obvious, but I was definitely being sarcastic, I am aware that he is certainly not the only person to have a work ethic and it disturbed me that he feels so righteous about it.

I hoped it was obvious, but I was definitely being sarcastic, I am aware that he is certainly not the only person to have a work ethic and it disturbed me that he feels so righteous about it.

Well then I am sorry I was unsure, good on you :):)

stop treating people that sign as second class citizens, you do not know their circumstances, their age, how many years they may have worked, they may just be between jobs, do not forget you have people of sixty and over signing on that have worked longer than some of you have been alive

my god thatchers legacy lives on

anyone anytime can be made redundant always remember it could be your turn tomorrow

stop treating people that sign as second class citizens, you do not know their circumstances, their age, how many years they may have worked, they may just be between jobs, do not forget you have people of sixty and over signing on that have worked longer than some of you have been alive

my god thatchers legacy lives on

anyone anytime can be made redundant always remember it could be your turn tomorrow

Thanks Juniee :clap::clap::clap:

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 20:31 ----------

Bypassblade,

I am sure you still have it. Medical retirement, ergo the inability to work, does not mean that you don't have work ethic.

And thank you

Signing on should be as tedious as possible, taking as much time as possible, this may give more incentive for the dolies to look for work.

I apply for ten jobs a week, I volunteer twice a week and I also run my local TARA group this is as well as attending 2 courses a week. Rant:

Jobcentre staff are useless. They should all be sacked. Signing on could be automated.

the staff should be more accomodating to the unemployed as if it wasnt for the unemployed they wouldnt have a job at all :hihi:

And I think you'll find that quite a lot of the "people" in said queue have worked for years and paid their dues (& done more than 40 hours pwk), so are entitled to a bit of help when trouble hits them.

This forum is so stereotypical, people who lose their jobs after years and have to claim still get ripped to pieces, don't forget it is based on their last 2 years RITY's and if they have paid enough they get JSA ©, they claim for both JSA (IB) just in case as some are seasonal workers & temps.

Well I have been made redundant and claimed JSA before, the last thing I would do is complain that they were taking too long to give me my free money. It's only once a week.

If I was getting money for nothing, I don't think I'd be complaining about having to queue up and having a bit of a wait. 5 days a week I have to queue up at a bus stop and often have to wait 15 mins for a bus both ways, not to mention the 20 minute journey time. I'm pretty sure Job Centre staff have a difficult job and claimants need to be a bit more grateful!

Totally agree the job isn't easy!

I had to sign on once after 11 years of employment and yes the building was a bit depressing however what I found was that the advisors just reflected the attitude and demeanor of those that were there to see them.

for instance if you're going to sit there with a CBA or negative attitude then they aren't going to sit there smiling sweetly at you.

And to me that's fair enough, if you're not going to put the effort into helping yourself, why should they bother?

Signing on should be as tedious as possible, taking as much time as possible, this may give more incentive for the dolies to look for work.

Why do people think that everyone on dole doesnt look for work?

And for you asking where the special brew drinkers are, they are usually outside the said job centre or at Cavendish court looking for a crisis loan (not anymore)

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

And outside the Penny black shouting abuse at bus drivers and calling them wan...s for working.