Arrogant adviser's at West Street dole office

Lucky? Yes, I was lucky to be born with something called a work ethic.

*claps hands* what a unique and rare trait you do possess, definitely deserving of your self congratulation.

*claps hands* what a unique and rare trait you do possess, definitely deserving of your self congratulation.

Why thankyou, Jebbens, a noble fellow indeed you are! :)

I have never had a problem with dole office staff. But then, I have always had a job, and never had to rely on charity to survive.

jsa is not a charity , if your working you pay into the system, so when bad times arise, not working , then you receive benefits , not everyone are scroungers . i have worked since leaving school 28yrs paying into system, hopefully if i lose work , i will get help

And I think you'll find that quite a lot of the "people" in said queue have worked for years and paid their dues (& done more than 40 hours pwk), so are entitled to a bit of help when trouble hits them.

This forum is so stereotypical, people who lose their jobs after years and have to claim still get ripped to pieces, don't forget it is based on their last 2 years RITY's and if they have paid enough they get JSA ©, they claim for both JSA (IB) just in case as some are seasonal workers & temps.

I completely understand about working in the public sector. I used to interview people who presented as homeless, as well as trying to help those who wanted other council services. It is unfair to judge people just because they have lost their job, or their home, or their relationship has broken down. With most people it is possible to develop some understanding.

However, sometimes people's expectations are unrealistic, and in a few cases it can lead to their behaviour becoming unacceptable.

One point I would make about JSA © - a friend lost his job last year, at nearly 60, so decided to start taking a small private pension he'd paid into. That decision disqualified him from getting JSA, and it seems that as he isn't getting benefits, he gets less help to find a job. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this, but that has been his experience.

Why thankyou, Jebbens, a noble fellow indeed you are! :)

I hope you're a troll because if you are, you are a very good one as you have succeeded in winding me up. However, I can cope with that. On the other hand, if you are for real, well.... I am generally polite, discrete and do not argue on the forum but I am going to have to call you a tosser.

I hope you're a troll because if you are, you are a very good one as you have succeeded in winding me up. However, I can cope with that. On the other hand, if you are for real, well.... I am generally polite, discrete and do not argue on the forum but I am going to have to call you a tosser.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I completely understand about working in the public sector. I used to interview people who presented as homeless, as well as trying to help those who wanted other council services. It is unfair to judge people just because they have lost their job, or their home, or their relationship has broken down. With most people it is possible to develop some understanding.

However, sometimes people's expectations are unrealistic, and in a few cases it can lead to their behaviour becoming unacceptable.

One point I would make about JSA © - a friend lost his job last year, at nearly 60, so decided to start taking a small private pension he'd paid into. That decision disqualified him from getting JSA, and it seems that as he isn't getting benefits, he gets less help to find a job. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this, but that has been his experience.

Sadly if his pension is more than JSA then it could nil him, but he should still be able to sign on for NI credits. I am so sorry he feels he is treat differently, if he is it is not right at all.

Sadly if his pension is more than JSA then it could nil him, but he should still be able to sign on for NI credits. I am so sorry he feels he is treat differently, if he is it is not right at all.

Certainly makes it worthwhile making sacrifices during your working life to get a pension together doesn't it?

Yes and hundreds of thousands on the dole have the same ethic, but sadly lose their jobs, you are not bullet proof & if you lose your job, you will be glad of the help the jobcentre can offer.

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 19:56 ----------

Certainly makes it worthwhile making sacrifices during your working life to get a pension together doesn't it?

Sadly it does, I know this from bitter experience myself Truman but won't publicise it fella. This country does seem to go out of its way to reward the non workers, and the ones who pay in get shafted, but people must remember Jobcentre staff do not make the rules they just unfortunately have to implement them.

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 19:59 ----------

Is this for charity? sponsored BS

[/color]

pardon?

But not intelligence. You obviously don't understand the difference between charity and (hard fought for) rights conferred to the individual by the state.

[/color]

pardon?

When you were applauding that bloke for his work ethic (that Chris_B), I could not work out if you were being honest or facetious, all people who work have the ethic. I had it for 40 years now sadly on verge of medical retirement. Oh and I'll be going for all I can claim, I've worked for it.