Sheffield - city of rubbish

you dont see litter like ours on the streets of germany.

Don't blame the council !! It is people that need educating to put litter in bins! Where my daughter lives, there is a litter bin just yards past her house, but kids from the local school drop litter outside her home. if she catches them she runs out and makes them come back and pick it up and take it to the bin!!

I totally agree with you the only problem there is half the kids that throw the litter on the ground would just tell you where to get off if you asked them to pick it up, the whole thing boils down to lack of respect nowadays, for people or property.

Weve seen on the fixmystreet site that it is full of reports of fly tipping each and every day

I think a campaign such as "If you have dropped litter on the floor today you are lazy, moronic oaf" might work. Imagine, teenagers would be inviting the ridicule of their mates, parents the disaproval of their kids etc. Of course it will never happen, it would be considered too controvertial and possibly discriminatory.....against oafs!

Edited by beefface

Theres land next to our house which always has litter on it, even though there are bins. People actually leave litter next to the bin! i hardly ever seen anyone empty it. My wife recently got fed up and went and picked up some beer cans and boxes that had been left there. I agree it seems to be worse

would just like to point out that just cause there is no bin near by this is not an excuse to throw rubbish on the floor. please keep hold of it til you find somewhere to throw it away.

Absolutely! How come lazy these so-and-so's are perfectly capable of carrying around a full can of drink for several minutes, but are unable to hold an empty one for more than a few seconds?

Absolutely! How come lazy these so-and-so's are perfectly capable of carrying around a full can of drink for several minutes, but are unable to hold an empty one for more than a few seconds?

Coordination maybe.

The biggest generators of litter in the UK cities are McDonalds, KFC and Pizza Express. Every grass verge in the city is littered with their discarded cartons. As a company none of them make any effort to clean it up. To top it all, they've allowed them to open yet another KFC in Crystal Peaks. These places are a carbuncle on society and need removing from our towns and cities.

The biggest generators of litter in the UK cities are McDonalds, KFC and Pizza Express. Every grass verge in the city is littered with their discarded cartons. As a company none of them make any effort to clean it up. To top it all, they've allowed them to open yet another KFC in Crystal Peaks. These places are a carbuncle on society and need removing from our towns and cities.

I partly agree with you,but you cannot hold them responsible for pond life who just throw it out of there car windows/dump it in lay bys etc.