Can a full service cause an ECU fuel pump problem?

I don't want to sound negative and put a downer on you Fitster but if push came to shove would the garage admit to having told you there could be an issue with the fuel?

They've already acknowledged it a few times, in front of people I've taken down there.

I've also known them for many years. They'd have to look me directly in the face and bareface lie - which to be honest, I don't think they'd do.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that this process is made far more difficult because of the fact that I actually like the guys. I'm trying not to get too heavy with them - but I have to be honest and say that my patience is wearing very thin. :(

They've already acknowledged it a few times, in front of people I've taken down there.

I've also known them for many years. They'd have to look me directly in the face and bareface lie - which to be honest, I don't think they'd do.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that this process is made far more difficult because of the fact that I actually like the guys. I'm trying not to get too heavy with them - but I have to be honest and say that my patience is wearing very thin. :(

You've done well..I think I'd have pressed the "nuke" button by now...

Hello people,

It turns out that the problem was the quantity adjuster. It has now been replaced at a cost of £710-00. After negotiations, the garage have agreed to meet me halfway - and I pick the car up today.

I just wanted to come back on and thank you all for your input. It was genuinely much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello people,

It turns out that the problem was the quantity adjuster. It has now been replaced at a cost of £710-00. After negotiations, the garage have agreed to meet me halfway - and I pick the car up today.

I just wanted to come back on and thank you all for your input. It was genuinely much appreciated.

Thank you.

good news...sort of...so what made it fail, anything they did.?

They should not have touched the car if they did not have the proper Audi diagnostic OBD kit,a lot of modern diesel cars have very complicated electronics and you have to pre program the ECU before you do any work on the fuel system,I would suggest that they have changed the diesel fuel filter without programing it to let the ECU know the work is going to be done,they have had problems getting it going after and have probably been disconnecting injector pipes and things,that is why with some of these modern expensive cars you are better off taking it to the main dealers.

THis post is a great example of the nonscense thats often written on this forum!

It really is laughable not just that it was wrote in the first place but that some might actually believe it :)

good news...sort of...so what made it fail, anything they did.?

We couldn't establish liability - hence the garage agreeing to go halves.

I'm just glad I've got it back. Relieved doesn't begin to cover it.