Trazadone ptsd need information

Hello,

My Mum takes the highest dose of Trazadone and she is panicking as apparently its been discontinued due to your eyes being effected or damaged...

Any information will be highly appreciated shes got mental health problems and is in a really bad state...

Shes got an appointment for a med review on Wednesday also does anyone know how she will be weaned off them and what effects this will have on her?

Thanks

I take those and the doctor has not mentioned anything to me about that, are you sure?

Hello,

My Mum takes the highest dose of Trazadone and she is panicking as apparently its been discontinued due to your eyes being effected or damaged...

Any information will be highly appreciated shes got mental health problems and is in a really bad state...

Shes got an appointment for a med review on Wednesday also does anyone know how she will be weaned off them and what effects this will have on her?

Thanks

Tell your Mum not to panic.

If the worst comes to the worst and they have been discontinued, then she can be tapered off them while simutaneously prescribed some different ones.

Although a controversial area. If she's responded well to Trazadone the she will, in all probability respond well to others.

For some it's trial and error.

If she's prone to anxiety, the doc may want to put her on a short term tranquilizer - I don't mean for months, just a couple of weeks till the new anti depressants take effect.

Hope your Mum will be okay.

Thank you will let her know x

Hello,

Thanks[/quote. Hi I take trazodone but they vanished off the market a couple of months ago ,when I was going on holiday last year I asked for a repeat prescription for 2 months then for some reason I got it twice ..so lucky for me I have quite a few tablets in stock ...since I became aware of the shortage I have successfully reduced from 100ml to 75ml ..with no withdrawal symptoms by.reducing the way I am doing this ...I'm sure in a few weeks I will manage well enough without them ...

---------- Post added 09-04-2013 at 07:40 ----------

Hello,

Thanks[/quote. Hi I take trazodone but they vanished off the market a couple of months ago ,when I was going on holiday last year I asked for a repeat prescription for 2 months then for some reason I got it twice ..so lucky for me I have quite a few tablets in stock ...since I became aware of the shortage I have successfully reduced from 100ml to 75ml ..with no withdrawal symptoms by.reducing the way I am doing this ...I'm sure in a few weeks I will manage well enough without them ...

But tell your mum not to panic I'm sure her Doctor will give her something else that works just as well ....

i take Trazodone 150mg at a dosage of 300mg per day,

today i have picked my prescription up and taken to local chemist who didnt have any stock of it and said that there was a manufacturing problem with them at the moment, i took the script back to the doctors who did some ringing around and was told that boots in the center of sheffield still have them and also lloyds at meadowhead where i eventually managed to get my tablets.

i take Trazodone 150mg at a dosage of 300mg per day,

today i have picked my prescription up and taken to local chemist who didnt have any stock of it and said that there was a manufacturing problem with them at the moment, i took the script back to the doctors who did some ringing around and was told that boots in the center of sheffield still have them and also lloyds at meadowhead where i eventually managed to get my tablets.

I have been the same, my chemist gave me the liquid form :gag: its awful, the manufactures have doubled the price of the tablets, because of the shortage.

Wonder how long this is going to go on for ?