RIP Maggie Thatcher..

Perhaps now she will be remembered for her many good qualities,instead of some of those policies some of us disagreed with.

On the radio many people are paying tribute to her. ordinary people from Grantham who had met her and had much respect for her- expressing remarks about the kind and sensitive side to her nature. Tony Benn who although was one of her greatest rivals politically, has expressed his respect and admiration for her convictions.

My own view is that because she was a woman presiding in an area dominated by men, she had to act tough in order to compete and gain respect,and this image she presented didn't always give the best impression of her.

RIP Margaret Thatcher.

I see no reason why Tony Benn wouldn't show respect. He is a civilized human being. You don't have to agree with someone's politics to show dignity.

I trust that when Tony Benn passes away he will receive respect from his opponents. It is only low life forms that need to gloat because someone of a different political persuasion has died.

RIP Maggie. You were before my time but you did it your way.

RIP Mrs Thatcher The Iron Lady, a monumental person in British history and an inspiration to many.

She put the shower we have today to shame, and that goes for them all.

RIP.

RIP Margaret Thatcher - England's greatest EVER Prime Minister (and that includes Winston Churchill who was only ever good as a wartime leader).

The fact that she stirs up such varied emotion in people shows her true greatness. Like or dislike her, she was a woman doing a tough job, and she didn't turn. Respect!

Quote from Boris Johnson "Her memory will live long after the world has forgotten the boring grey suits of today's politics".

RIP maggie

Perhaps now she will be remembered for her many good qualities,instead of some of those policies some of us disagreed with.

Today is not really the day for that. After the funeral no doubt there will be plenty of robust debate about her legacy. Laters.

I don't necessarily agree with her policies, but she was a strong woman and I quite admire her for her hard work and tenacity. RIP.

My perspective on Mrs Thatcher is maybe different to others. I left the UK in 1988 and only returned this year.

When I left she was, in retrospect, on the way down. .

the Tory party conference of 1988 was probably the high tide of Thatcherism. She still seemed then at the peak of her powers. Her fall was really fast. It only really began when Lawson resigned shortly afterwards.

RIP Maggie. God Bless You.

During a TV interview she stated [re private medical care]

"I can see the Doctor I want, at the Hospital I want AND at the time I choose"

Her ideals were totally at odds with mine. She had a total lack of compassion.

But, she was a grafter and deserves respect.

No tears will be shed at my house.

. She had a total lack of compassion.

But, she was a grafter and deserves respect.

I don't think she had a lack of compassion. She just wasn't compassionate to just anybody. Remember her reaction to the Brixton riots :

'those poor shopkeepers!'