RIP Maggie Thatcher..

Not my favourite politician of all time and went too far in many things but to celebrate her death is juvenile and deeply unpleasant.

Indeed, there's nothing to celebrate in the passing of an old lady.

R.I.P The Iron Lady.

Today is a sad day for this country ,we have lost a Great leader and a Great Lady.

This country is a worse place without you.

R.I.P Mrs T.

I couldn't have said it better myself :(

RIP Maggie

RIP..................simply the best!

My perspective on Mrs Thatcher is maybe different to others. I left the UK in 1988 and only returned this year.

When I left she was, in retrospect, on the way down. None the less she had totally revamped the country, from the dire circumstances of the 1970s she had put the UK back on the map. The economy was sorted out and the lunacy of the unions had been brought under control.

On my travels the UK was respected and she was a huge presence internationally.

She was, without doubt the greatest PM this country has ever had.

I think both sides will try to get political capital out of this.

There will be those who show themselves up for what they are. She was a great leader and deserving of the statue in the Houses of Parliament. She brought Britain back from the abyss.

RIP Mrs T. A great lady and a truly great Prime Minister.

I'll be drinking a glass of milk to her memory.

rip to the best we ever had

I will second that . Truly a Great leader, the best Prime Minister this country has seen since Churchill. I am very grateful for what the Iron Lady did for this country.

Perhaps now she will be remembered for her many good qualities,instead of some of those policies some of us disagreed with.

On the radio many people are paying tribute to her. ordinary people from Grantham who had met her and had much respect for her- expressing remarks about the kind and sensitive side to her nature. Tony Benn who although was one of her greatest rivals politically, has expressed his respect and admiration for her convictions.

My own view is that because she was a woman presiding in an area dominated by men, she had to act tough in order to compete and gain respect,and this image she presented didn't always give the best impression of her.

RIP Margaret Thatcher.

Very sorry to hear of her passing. I think history will judge her as being among the best of Britains leaders

Against the odds, fought her way to the top amongst the suits. More balls than most of today's lot.

RIP to a once great leader

maggie put the great back into great britain.......shame the people that followed her into number ten took it away again :mad:

R.I.P.