RIP Maggie Thatcher..

whatever people think of her good or bad she won`t ever be forgotten..............x

I thought she'd go on forever. Her and Mugabe (late 80s and still on his feet).

Do we all have to hold a minutes silence for Maggie next week?

Whatever your opinion, hate the policies/political viewpoint, not the person. I have no problem with people attacking the politics, however, to attack a person who has just died for no other reason than the above, really says more about the person making the comments than it does about Margaret Thatcher.

Remember, at the end of the day, this was a person, a human, with family and friends. Show some sensitivity and respect, I am sure you wouldn't like to read these sort of attacks on your deceased family or friends.

RIP Thatcher.

She would never get support in Sheffield. She lived "down South", she was intelligent, she was female and she envisaged a brighter future for Britons than toiling down a mine after an excellent education. The ignorant and disrespectful posts on this thread merely confirm this, in my opinion.

Not a favourite of mine,I thought she was extremely divisive & that is precisely the opposite of what a Leader should be.

Having said which, the idea of celebrating a fellow human beings death, no matter how much you disagreed with their actions, does not sit right with me. RIP

Not a fan of maggies,but wouldnt ever have wished her any harm. R.I.P MRS T.

Moderator Message:

Quite predictably, this thread will attract those that loathed Mrs T and those that admired her, to those that are totally indifferent. Can I remind posters that the thread topic is "RIP Maggie Thatcher"....Not an excuse to attack her policies, her decisions, her behaviour or any other perceived negativity you might feel. I'm sure if you search the forum, there will be any number of threads about her, and you can argue politics in them. This isn't the place for insulting insensitive or scurrilous remarks.

Dozens of posts have already been removed, because they are insensitive, or just down right horrible. You have been warned twice now. Any further instances will result in the thread being locked, closed or binned and suspensions issued. Please have a little respect.

Regards

Pete

R.I.P The Iron Lady.

Today is a sad day for this country ,we have lost a Great leader and a Great Lady.

This country is a worse place without you.

R.I.P Mrs T.

Mod Note

OK, posts have been removed for a variety of reasons, and I am getting a little sick of of some peoples attitudes.

I was not a huge fan of Mrs Thatcher, however she has died and her family have to deal with that.

I've lost my own mother, my father, two brothers and I recently lost my mother in law so I am no stranger to death and grief.

A lot of you have lost your parents too some quite recently, so you will know what this feels like.

A persons death is not something to take delight in.

So don't speak ill of the dead, a human life is a brief and transient thing, if you can't find anything nice to say about a dead person, then don't say anything.

Mod Note

OK, posts have been removed for a variety of reasons, and I am getting a little sick of of some peoples attitudes.

I was not a huge fan of Mrs Thatcher, however she has died and her family have to deal with that.

I've lost my own mother, my father, two brothers and I recently lost my mother in law so I am no stranger to death and grief.

A lot of you have lost your parents too some quite recently, so you will know what this feels like.

A persons death is not something to take delight in.

So don't speak ill of the dead, a human life is a brief and transient thing, if you can't find anything nice to say about a dead person, then don't say anything.

Nicely put esme.

A truly great woman.

R.I.P Lady Thatcher, bless you. Sleep well.

Thinking of this great lady and her family on such a sad day.