Worst Ten Places For Teenage Pregnancy In UK Merthyr Tydfil Sun People

According to The Sunday People today Merthyr Tydfil had the highest rate of under 16's having children. With St Helen's Merseyside next, South Tyneside, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Barnsley, Manchester, Sunderland, Southampton Tameside, Redcar & Cleveland.

The ten best places are as follows Blackburn & Darwen, Barnet, Harrow, Powys, Camden, Buckinghamshire. Bedford, Swansea, Brent & Bracknell Forest this is statistics of under age pregnancy per 1,000 people apparently Merthyr is a run down coal mining town apparently the numbers of young people getting pregnant are falling and The Department For Health are trying to slash the number of unwanted pregnancies.

Norman Wells head of Family Education Trust has a differing opinion and "say's that he feels Government strategies have failed, and they have to do more". he also added that teenage pregnancy rates still remain sbbornly high". :):confused:

According to The Sunday People today Merthyr Tydfil had the highest rate of under 16's having children. With St Helen's Merseyside next, South Tyneside, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Barnsley, Manchester, Sunderland, Southampton Tameside, Redcar & Cleveland.

The ten best places are as follows Blackburn & Darwen, Barnet, Harrow, Powys, Camden, Buckinghamshire. Bedford, Swansea, Brent & Bracknell Forest this is statistics of under age pregnancy per 1,000 people apparently Merthyr is a run down coal mining town apparently the numbers of young people getting pregnant are falling and The Department For Health are trying to slash the number of unwanted pregnancies.

Norman Wells head of Family Education Trust has a differing opinion and "say's that he feels Government strategies have failed, and they have to do more". he also added that teenage pregnancy rates still remain sbbornly high". :):confused:

What point are you trying to make?Why say it is the ten worst,when it is the ten highest?

What point are you trying to make?Why say it is the ten worst,when it is the ten highest?

Bet they are mostly Labour controlled areas !

I just thought it was interesting it was in the paper today what shocked me was Sheffield was not on the list.

Apparently the worst places are in the north but some of the places o the list are in the south.

---------- Post added 07-04-2013 at 22:26 ----------

Errrrrr not sure as I don't know what constituencies they come under but maybe it is a possibility. :)

I bet they are too.Labour have been in power in Blackburn for years,securing a low score.

I'm fairly sure Rotherham held that title for a while. On that note, congrats to the young people of Rotherham for not putting it about, or at least taking precautions.

I'm fairly sure Rotherham held that title for a while. On that note, congrats to the young people of Rotherham for not putting it about, or at least taking precautions.

Ha ha ha ha I heard that as well yes quite..... there are a few in the north but not many lol. :)

Ha ha ha ha I heard that as well yes quite..... there are a few in the north but not many lol. :)

Seriously though, something must have clicked somewhere for Rotherham to drop at least 10 places. Hopefully someone will ask rmc what they did.

Seriously though, something must have clicked somewhere for Rotherham to drop at least 10 places. Hopefully someone will ask rmc what they did.

I did not know they had dropped 10 places is RMC Rotherham Council??. :)

I did not know they had dropped 10 places is RMC Rotherham Council??. :)

Well they were (as far as I remember - I don't recall the year but I'll have a look) number 1 and now they arent in the top 10, ergo they must have dropped at least 10 places. Rmc is Rotherham metropolitan council.

I bet they are too.Labour have been in power in Blackburn for years,securing a low score.

Bet they all av prams n travel on trams...in tracksuits too. Slappers.:hihi:

Bet they all av prams n travel on trams...in tracksuits too. Slappers.:hihi:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha lol..................probably I was just reading this in paper and made me think of the other thing that happened last week on the other thread. :);)