Fish & chips with gravy!!

Who eats proper gravy these days-its all made from granules.I suppose the people who microwave yorks puds will eat gravy.

I make proper gravy ... I even use the little bit of yorkshire pud mix when I do them !! Me Mam taught me that trick !!:hihi:

When I worked at Firth Browns there was a guy in the canteen who had gravy on his salad.:gag::gag:

Also, my mate's daughter has gravy on scrambled egg:gag::gag::gag:

Edited by melv
Fat fingers

dont forget the hendersons sauce on fish n chips

Hey, don't call our Hendersons sauce, it's relish. :hihi:

When i lived in ISLE OF MAN the national dish seemed to be chips cheese gravy

Never got round to trying it

your pervy mind is working overtime again!, :hihi: I shall rephrase, do they serve the Mini fish in a short skirt,:hihi:

I think they mostly wear trousers to serve in't chippy as mini-skirts would be against health and safety :roll:

I make proper gravy ... I even use the little bit of yorkshire pud mix when I do them !! Me Mam taught me that trick !!:hihi:

I do that too. :thumbsup:

Yuk Yuk - never on chips. A gravy and mash sandwich - now that is tasty.

Thats the one,Sam71.

I remember going into Butlers, years ago (ie, pre the Indian Restaurant and pre it falling down) with someone who had fish, chips, yorkshire pudding and gravy.

Can't get chips and gravy where my mom and sister live ( Middlesex ) Mind you they are a strange lot of people down south !!!!!!!!!!

You are not joking, try asking them for a bread cake and see the dumb look on their face.:hihi:

You are not joking, try asking them for a bread cake and see the dumb look on their face.:hihi:

That's because 99% population call them by a different name,and rightly so as they are not cakes.It is similar if you ask for a pikelet or some spice.Sheffield is Victorian with its vernacular dialect.It is endearing in a quaint way and visitors from London and elsewhere always snigger.

Chips fish and gravy is delicious. I don't like mushy peas but don't like my fish naked so I have it with gravy. It's so nice, I want one now.