Death of Jade Anderson. Please sign petition

you saying it was Jade`s fault?

Are you saying that you know for sure that the owner knew that Jade was even there?

If these animals had not shown any tendencies to violence in the past then why would anybody, Jade included, have predicted that they were going to do what they did on this occasion?

What she did was ill advised, but she was a child and children do lots of things that are ill advised without suffering harm. The blame game here could blind people to the genuine circumstances of the incident (and I can't say that I'm fully aware of them, since I wasn't in that house at that time).

Are you saying that you know for sure that the owner knew that Jade was even there?

If these animals had not shown any tendencies to violence in the past then why would anybody, Jade included, have predicted that they were going to do what they did on this occasion?

What she did was ill advised, but she was a child and children do lots of things that are ill advised without suffering harm. The blame game here could blind people to the genuine circumstances of the incident (and I can't say that I'm fully aware of them, since I wasn't in that house at that time).

so, you are blaming the poor girl for what happened, is that the case?

By all accounts the owner has been deemed responsible for the dogs though as yet there is no evidence that a crime has been committed.

For reasons already expressed it wouldn't be a petition i'd sign.

I also cannot sign the petition in its current form. I agree that people who are invited into your home, and people who need to come onto your property as part of their jobs, should be protected by the law. But if someone enters my home without either my permission or as part of their work, then I wouldn't want my dogs or myself to be punished for whatever may happen.

Also I disagree with the part that states " regulating certain breads of dogs so they have a license and have the dog registered and micro chipped". If this is the route they think should be taken, it should be for ALL dogs, not just certain breeds. Any dog is capable of causing injury or death.

And finally, on the Facebook page a lot of people are saying that there should be a limit on how many dogs people own. I know people who have a large number or dogs and they are looked after, well trained and the owners are responsible. I also know people who only have one dog and they let them do whatever they want. It is all about the amount of dogs the owners can responsibly manage. And also, there aren't enough homes out there for all the dogs that are alive at the moment, how would it be if people could only have one or two per household?? Even more dogs would be being killed.

It is a tragedy what happened to Jade and nobody should ever have to go through anything like that, but this petition is not the way...

so, you are blaming the poor girl for what happened, is that the case?

Read the post you have quoted. I'm not blaming her, but I'm also not automatically blaming the owner or any other family members of the owner, because I don't have sufficient information to decide on blame one way or the other, nor do I feel that finger pointing is going to make a jot of difference in terms of the outcome of this whole sorry incident.

It is very likely that Jade's death came about as a result of a whole selection of contributory factors, including inadvisable behaviour from Jade. That's not the same as blaming her because as a child she cannot be expected to do a risk assessment in the same way that an adult could.

Read the post you have quoted. I'm not blaming her, but I'm also not automatically blaming the owner or any other family members of the owner, because I don't have sufficient information to decide on blame one way or the other, nor do I feel that finger pointing is going to make a jot of difference in terms of the outcome of this whole sorry incident.

It is very likely that Jade's death came about as a result of a whole selection of contributory factors, including inadvisable behaviour from Jade. That's not the same as blaming her because as a child she cannot be expected to do a risk assessment in the same way that an adult could.

Medusa - you are blaming that poor girl for getting savaged to death by a pack of animals, the fact you`ve argued back that you are not (twice now) is enough proof that you are.

The best you could do would be to delete your comments and hope that over time they get forgotten.

Question is, are you man enough to admit your mistake.

I also cannot sign the petition in its current form. I agree that people who are invited into your home, and people who need to come onto your property as part of their jobs, should be protected by the law. But if someone enters my home without either my permission or as part of their work, then I wouldn't want my dogs or myself to be punished for whatever may happen.

Also I disagree with the part that states " regulating certain breads of dogs so they have a license and have the dog registered and micro chipped". If this is the route they think should be taken, it should be for ALL dogs, not just certain breeds. Any dog is capable of causing injury or death.

And finally, on the Facebook page a lot of people are saying that there should be a limit on how many dogs people own. I know people who have a large number or dogs and they are looked after, well trained and the owners are responsible. I also know people who only have one dog and they let them do whatever they want. It is all about the amount of dogs the owners can responsibly manage. And also, there aren't enough homes out there for all the dogs that are alive at the moment, how would it be if people could only have one or two per household?? Even more dogs would be being killed.

It is a tragedy what happened to Jade and nobody should ever have to go through anything like that, but this petition is not the way...

I agree with all of the above, the dangerous dogs act is an embarrassment of a law. It should be completely overhauled, the breed does not decide a dogs behaviour.

---------- Post added 08-04-2013 at 08:30 ----------

Medusa - you are blaming that poor girl for getting savaged to death by a pack of animals, the fact you`ve argued back that you are not (twice now) is enough proof that you are.

The best you could do would be to delete your comments and hope that over time they get forgotten.

no she isn't, don't be stupid.

Being a woman she isn't man enough to do anything. Are you rodent enough to admit your mistake?

I agree owners should be accountable. If your dog injures someone you should be done for assault.

Interestingly I was watching some videos on youtube a couple of days ago about Dr. Ian Dunbar (one of the leading experts in the world on dog behaviour) and he said if he could pick any dog in the world for a children's psychiatric ward it would be a pitbull as they are bombproof when trained.

Dr. Ian Dunbar on Dog Attacks

As a guard dog?:confused:

Not to sure about the case but wasn't it a household that kept five dogs or more?

Dogs are naturally pack animals I believe, keeping that amount confined together seems like asking for trouble.

Yes. It was a small council house on a chavvy estate (although one of the better ones in the area, Shakerley is regarded as the worst).

I can't believe that they had five dogs there, two would be a struggle.

I'm not blaming Jade for her own death, any more than I'd blame a child who followed a football across a road for their own death.

That would also have been an inadvisable thing to do, but because the child is a child, they cannot be assumed to be responsible for their own actions in the same way that an adult can.

What I'm saying is that in this instance pointing fingers won't change the outcome for the Anderson family and I can't be certain whether there's enough proof of anybody else being responsible for the tragedy.

If you aren't prepared to take my word for it then that's your choice, but you will not get me to say that I'm blaming her because I'm not, and neither will I remove my own posts because you're determined to find fault with them.