The new wind turbines, to the East of Sheffield.

Hi ya Lego!! :hihi:

I went today to check it out because I'm bored of checking the levels at Derwent now. And yes that poster has given the right directions but!! - the road that leads to the place is bloody lethal!!

It's only a one lane road and all the nutters who live in the posh bit come flying at you in brand new Minis!! I nearly lost my temper!!

And when I got there it was too foggy to see anything :roll:

Anybody going on the turbine look - watch out for that road.

you have to know the bends and the pull ins rampent :) you have to be familiar with the rd.....I have to use it a lot with the rd works on A57

its worth a drive up when the weathers good though :)

did you pop in royal oak at ulley...nice pub :)

:huh:

The point is they ARE made of silver though and they are inside a panel, so the guy who said PV cells use silver was correct.

I know from my past that silver was used in PV cells and other photo-electric devices and used Google to find a diagram I could link to.

I think you are confusing the mechanism of the photo-voltaic effect with the specifics of manufacture of thick film cells. PV cells are NOT "made" of Silver.

On a point of pedantry you score a point but I stand by my statement, saying that PV cells are made of Silver is akin to saying your TV is made of Copper because the cables connecting it to the grid are made of the same.

I too have a "past" connected to the field. I have been involved in electro-deposition research working with leading figures in the field.

I think we may have digressed slightly from the topic at hand but this is a subject close to my heart and I have often heard the use of Silver cited as a reason for not using PV cells for widespread energy generation. Great leaps forward have been (and are being) made in the field and you can perhaps forgive my aggressive correction of your error. Thin film technology is in the ascendency and misdirection about the material requirements of large scale production is a fallacious tool of political rhetoric.

Edited by Doctor Drew
Removal of academic reference for reasons of anonymity

Well we finally got up there this afternoon, the little un was totally unphased by their sheer size, though she did enjoy the little walk. Parked on Brampton lane btw, by the site entrance. Only downside was the idiot security bloke who tried to lecture me on trespass law, big mistake. :hihi:

It's a field, empty bar the turbine, so god only knows what he thought we may steal ? :rant:

Well we finally got up there this afternoon, the little un was totally unphased by their sheer size, though she did enjoy the little walk. Parked on Brampton lane btw, by the site entrance. Only downside was the idiot security bloke who tried to lecture me on trespass law, big mistake. :hihi:

It's a field, empty bar the turbine, so god only knows what he thought we may steal ? :rant:

Kids today eh:),its so hard to impress em.:(

Hi yes I went again today getting worried about myself a bit like a train spotter ha ha! Did you follow the directions a gave you

Hi yes I went again today getting worried about myself a bit like a train spotter ha ha! Did you follow the directions a gave you

I sort of made it up as i went along. :hihi:

Ended up going up the road by Ulley reservoir then onwards to Brampton Lane, which after driving around a while seemed the best option with little legs in tow. :D

I sort of made it up as i went along. :hihi:

Ended up going up the road by Ulley reservoir then onwards to Brampton Lane, which after driving around a while seemed the best option with little legs in tow. :D

Good stuff! you can see them for miles around

I've not read the whole thread so may be a repost.

Head down the parkway to Rotherham, come off at catcliffe and go to the advanced manufacturing park, just opposite morrisons. They have 2 very large ones.

I've not read the whole thread so may be a repost.

Head down the parkway to Rotherham, come off at catcliffe and go to the advanced manufacturing park, just opposite morrisons. They have 2 very large ones.

Cheers for that, but we went to the new HUGE ones out by Ulley, the one at Hansdworth is tiny in comparison. :)

He is just doing his job. I do not know where you were in relation to the site but if you had gone through locked gates and into the construction area then you should not have been there. Referring to him as an idiot just makes you look bad.

Edited by ryder8904

you have to know the bends and the pull ins rampent :) you have to be familiar with the rd.....I have to use it a lot with the rd works on A57

its worth a drive up when the weathers good though :)

did you pop in royal oak at ulley...nice pub :)

I defo had the bends. That pub looks cool and the gang. Full of bikers though laughing at my beefed up lada.