The new wind turbines, to the East of Sheffield.

Where exactly are they? and can you get up close-ish to them on the ground ?

My little girl is fascinated by them and i want to take her to have a better look if possible, maybe see one finish being constructed.

Cheers.

If you're on about the same ones as I am you can pass right by them Inbetween J33 and J32 of the M1.

Impressive things, I passed them today.

If you're on about the same ones as I am you can pass right by them Inbetween J33 and J32 of the M1.

Impressive things, I passed them today.

Thanks for that, but i'd want to park up close by, and i don't know that local area.

If you drive on the road a57 heading to workshop there is a big one on the side of the road.

Thanks for that, but i'd want to park up close by, and i don't know that local area.

It'd imagine it's up near ulley reservoir, up penny hill lane

---------- Post added 06-04-2013 at 22:54 ----------

If you drive on the road a57 heading to workshop there is a big one on the side of the road.

Yeah that's the one at B&Q distribution centre heading towards Manton Wood Industrial Estate, that is a beast!

!

sites called "Penny Hill Wind Farm"

wind turbines are a blight on the landscape there are far better ways of producing electricity. last year i had free solar panels fitted all i paud was 100 quid for some scaffoldind my solar panels are now producing electricity were i live in chesterfield the council have alot of disabled bungalows and are having panels fitted to the roof for free, therehoping to do the whole town in the near future. so we don't need turbines in the fields spoiling the great views we have and as far as i know they don't produce nearly as much as we need

wind turbines are a blight on the landscape there are far better ways of producing electricity. last year i had free solar panels fitted all i paud was 100 quid for some scaffoldind my solar panels are now producing electricity were i live in chesterfield the council have alot of disabled bungalows and are having panels fitted to the roof for free, therehoping to do the whole town in the near future. so we don't need turbines in the fields spoiling the great views we have and as far as i know they don't produce nearly as much as we need

But she doesn't want to gaze at solar panels, they're boring. :huh:

---------- Post added 06-04-2013 at 22:58 ----------

Yeah that's the one at B&Q distribution centre heading towards Manton Wood Industrial Estate, that is a beast!

Yeah it is, been past that a few times.

---------- Post added 06-04-2013 at 22:59 ----------

sites called "Penny Hill Wind Farm"

Cheers ! :thumbsup:

Yes it is rather large.

Try Brampton lane, Thurcroft.

S66 is the only part of the postcode i can find but if you put the road name in google earth it show's you where it is.

You are quite proberly correct,but megalithics little girl wants to see a big wind turbine,not some boring solar panels.:)

Try Brampton lane, Thurcroft.

S66 is the only part of the postcode i can find but if you put the road name in google earth it show's you where it is.

Yeah i've got it now. Cheers all. :)