Too much information - later problems (MMR)

I wonder if the children who have now caught measles will now get vaccinated even though they cannot get measles again. If not, when are we going to get outbreaks of Mumps and Rubella.

Edited by Eater Sundae

Parents don't have rights over children, they have responsibilities.

I KNOW that but they also have a right to refuse immunisations which i DONT agree with

If you are not going to believe the overwhelming evidence that the MMR jab is safe because it is tainted by big pharma, what evidence are you looking at which has led you to the conclusion that it isn't safe?

And surely there would have been a decrease in cases of autism with so many parents believing the scare mongers and not having their kids given the MMR jab. But there hasn't..............

I think that rights and responsibilities are intrinsically linked, without people meeting their responsibilities our rights mean nothing.

---------- Post added 14-04-2013 at 18:57 ----------

And surely there would have been a decrease in cases of autism with so many parents believing the scare mongers and not having their kids given the MMR jab. But there hasn't..............

My favourite misconceived health scare is Korean fan death. It is widely believed that having a fan running in a bedroom over night can often cause death, by asphyxiation or hypothermia.

The media regularly reports fan deaths, which after investigation turns out to be nocturnal death by natural causes, and even the South Korean government pander to the fear by issuing advice.

It seams that each separate country has their own irrational and cultural health fears.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

I'm sure you're more intelligent than to believe it would be as straightforward as that.

What reasons did our governments give for the increasing cases of autism since the introduction of MMR?

Neither is it all about autism, it is about bowel diseases and other life-changing diseases.

I'm sure you're more intelligent than to believe it would be as straightforward as that.

What reasons did our governments give for the increasing cases of autism since the introduction of MMR?

Neither is it all about autism, it is about bowel diseases and other life-changing diseases.

Can you explain why around the world the exact same MMR jab is judged to be a safe inoculation?

I dread to think in years to come when there will be a mass panic regarding TB now that we dont immunise against it.

The following are offered TB immunization:

•All infants living in areas of the UK where there is a high rate TB.

•Infants whose parents or grandparents were born in a country with a high rate of TB.

•Children who have come to live in the UK from countries where TB is common.

•Children between the ages of 6-16 years who have a parent or grandparent who was born in a country where there is a high rate TB

•Children who are close contacts of an individual who has active TB.

•Children who were born/recently lived where there is a high rate TB.

•People at an increased risk due to their job. For example, health workers, prison staff, etc.

Is that just your opinion or is it fact?

The words below describe my situation exactly.

"....the key problem, still, for parents of autistic children is that doctors will say they don't know what causes it and that there's nothing you can do about it – two things that are difficult to live with.

For parents witnessing that happen to their child, the need to "do something" can be overwhelming, he says. "And then someone else comes along and says your doctor's useless, that they know what caused it, and that you can do something about it." "

Michael Fitzpatrick, author and retired London GP

It is not helpful to hear discredited evidence repeated in a conspiratorial style.

Can you explain why around the world the exact same MMR jab is judged to be a safe inoculation?

:hihi: By WHOM? Certainly not by parents. Do some real research of your own - and I don't mean just a couple of minutes searching for some government or pharma related site that you feel proves your point.

:hihi: By WHOM? Certainly not by parents. Do some real research of your own.

I have, there is nothing in any of the peer reviewed journals.

Do you have any evidence that the MMR jab causes either bowel problems, or autism?

If so, could you be a love and point us all towards it. I'm not aware of any.

Until then, I'll be sticking with Science (as a great many of the previously sceptical Welsh parents seem to be).