Too much information - later problems (MMR)

The parents are responsible for the health of their child and accordingly make decisions. In the UK we do not legally make immunization obligatory and so parents chose on the basis of advice.

Unfortunately one person got the ear of the media and gained massive publicity which caused great concern to the parents.

The parents at the time made decisions based on what they read and heard.

The overwheming worldwide medical evidence enabled the government to continue with the same advice to parents -use MMR.

Despite the media continuing pushing the story and later pushing for separate jabs most parents took their children to have the MMR jab.

Medical research is often driven by statistical linkage and as such can be wildly inaccurate or can even be manipulated. The research will then become scientific as a cause is searched for. There was no scientific or statistical link between MMR and ASD which stood up to peer review and so the medical and scientific advisors could not provide the Government with statistics.

Absolutely.

The major problem was appalling media reporting. The scare stories were written by journalists with a very insecure understanding of the research. It was the journalists who allowed Wakefield to get his potty theory into the mainstream. It was the journalists who failed to critically analyse his research. It was the journalists who created the climate of fear surounding a very safe procedure.

They should now take the blame for the inevitable consequences of their inability to do their jobs properly.

Doesn't a childhood vacination work for life? It's not something you have to "top up" when children grow up anyway is it? I'm sure a second of discomfort whilst injecting is worth a lifetimes protection.

Doesn't a childhood vacination work for life? It's not something you have to "top up" when children grow up anyway is it? I'm sure a second of discomfort whilst injecting is worth a lifetimes protection.

Some vaccinations do give protection for life.

The 2nd MMR vaccination isn't a ' booster '. The reason it is recommended is that the first one protects only 95%. Therefore 5% who had the first vaccination will not be protected. You can be tested to see if you're fully protected first time round though but I don't think this is widely done.

You were unlucky. My grandchildren had the MMR and have been fine. As with any drug, its pot luck, but the odds are against it. Ive just had a look at the research, and it claims that 95% of kids who have the MMR jab will not suffer measles or any other side effect. Of course that means 5% could in theory, but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Unless of course your child is one of the 5%.

Unless of course your child is one of the 5%.

Not necessarily.

If enough people have the vaccination, then even the 5% will be unlucky if they actually catch measles.

... In the UK we do not legally make immunization obligatory and so parents chose on the basis of advice. ...

In my view, we should make vaccination compulsory, at least for anyone who wants to attend state schools and so forth, particularly for vaccinations that require a level of 'herd immunity' in order to be effective.

We know that vaccinations are safe and that any risks are vanishingly small, especially considered alongside the massive benefits. Clear also, is the inability of many parents to understand pertinent issues and to make an informed decision. To give them that responsibility is clearly immoral.

So the sheep jump on the band propaganda wagon without bothering to find out what all the fuss was about years ago. Never let any evidence get in the way of opinion, when the sheep bleat like they actually know something!!!!

It was about having multiple cures at once, in one jab. Sounds fine, why not, BUT hold on, it was about having separate jabs against each infection, not having a cocktail.

Well cocktails are what the ignorant crave you say, except that our heroes who went out to murder Saddam, and liberate the oil for western corporations, were also given a cocktail of jabs, just in case. One cannot trust Jonny Foreigner can one, never know where they have been. So what happened? Well lots of our boy got ill, as although it was a great idea just maybe some of the biology’s people have react against such a chemical cocktail. A bit like when the young sheep mix drinks on a night out, remember???

Which was the point to begin with as the Pharmaceutical company, them that makes all the cash out of scares, like panic from bird flu, want profits boosting, and strangely they changed the formula. But one cannot have one scientist doing tests and putting all Big Corporate Pharma profits at risk can one? So.. the good boys and girls, decided to make toast of him, got together and put him out of work, stripped him of his right to work anywhere, so shoved him on the dole. Had they got to him sooner prior to the personal publicity, well an early grave would have solved a lot of worries about profits. Accidents can happen you know, and why not they are a convenient way to solve some problems, and its cost effective too!!!

So he just suggested they have a separate jab instead of a combined one, which for some just might be the right thing, but remember never upset big money, as they will destroy you, your evidence as well.

So nothing like being closed minded,...where are the sheep going now, and what for may I ask????

So the sheep jump on the band propaganda wagon without bothering to find out what all the fuss was about years ago. Never let any evidence get in the way of opinion, when the sheep bleat like they actually know something!!!!

It was about having multiple cures at once, in one jab. Sounds fine, why not, BUT hold on, it was about having separate jabs against each infection, not having a cocktail.

Well cocktails are what the ignorant crave you say, except that our heroes who went out to murder Saddam, and liberate the oil for western corporations, were also given a cocktail of jabs, just in case. One cannot trust Jonny Foreigner can one, never know where they have been. So what happened? Well lots of our boy got ill, as although it was a great idea just maybe some of the biology’s people have react against such a chemical cocktail. A bit like when the young sheep mix drinks on a night out, remember???

Which was the point to begin with as the Pharmaceutical company, them that makes all the cash out of scares, like panic from bird flu, want profits boosting, and strangely they changed the formula. But one cannot have one scientist doing tests and putting all Big Corporate Pharma profits at risk can one? So.. the good boys and girls, decided to make toast of him, got together and put him out of work, stripped him of his right to work anywhere, so shoved him on the dole. Had they got to him sooner prior to the personal publicity, well an early grave would have solved a lot of worries about profits. Accidents can happen you know, and why not they are a convenient way to solve some problems, and its cost effective too!!!

So he just suggested they have a separate jab instead of a combined one, which for some just might be the right thing, but remember never upset big money, as they will destroy you, your evidence as well.

So nothing like being closed minded,...where are the sheep going now, and what for may I ask????

If you are not going to believe the overwhelming evidence that the MMR jab is safe because it is tainted by big pharma, what evidence are you looking at which has led you to the conclusion that it isn't safe?

If you are not going to believe the overwhelming evidence that the MMR jab is safe because it is tainted by big pharma, what evidence are you looking at which has led you to the conclusion that it isn't safe?

Odd isn't it. erebus claims the MMR vaccine is bad because it is tainted by big pharma but ignores the fact that big pharma produces the separate vaccines, makes more money them than MMR and so would surely have more reason to want to discredit MMR than the alternatives.

Part of my job is to send for children for their immunisations, I must say we have very few whos parents refuse, but in this country it is a parents right to refuse and there is nothing we can do.

I did a report last week and we have very few who have not had their MMR, some years ago alot did refuse but with time have come round and allowed their children to have it.

I dread to think in years to come when there will be a mass panic regarding TB now that we dont immunise against it.

Edited by Dawn36

Part of my job is to send for children for their immunisations, I must say we have very few whos parents refuse, but in this country it is a parents right to refuse and there is nothing we can do.

Parents don't have rights over children, they have responsibilities.