Plane round handsworth at night?

It's one of Obama's drones.

It's checking that every one is in the right bedroom depending on class!

Breaking news, plane in sky shocker! And near an airport too!

A work colleague of mine, who has a beard and is wise, states that this plane is surveying for HS2 apparently.

Have the Sheffield Star any ideas on this, come on we know you monitor the SF forum? Heard it last night for the second night in a row. Why would it be doing survey's in the hour of darkness, what good is thermal imaging for surveying purposes and I think I am correct in saying there are restrictions on certain hours that low flying aircraft can operate over residential areas?

Have the Sheffield Star any ideas on this, come on we know you monitor the SF forum? Heard it last night for the second night in a row. Why would it be doing survey's in the hour of darkness, what good is thermal imaging for surveying purposes and I think I am correct in saying there are restrictions on certain hours that low flying aircraft can operate over residential areas?

Cannabis factories?

Haven't heard it this side of town, but description may fit with a surveillance drone. The link here provides some background to their usage, although it may not give a totally up to date list of licensed operators, or who may make use of their services; http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jan/25/who-can-fly-drones-uk-airspace

Edited by 1978

Ground penetrating radar for surveying?

George Osborne is probably sat in it with thermal imaging equipment. Checking to see who has empty bedrooms.

Perhaps he ought to point it at his head, that's empty

I've seen it out for a few nights. Getting your pilots licence involves various conditions and night navigation is probably one of them.

No it isn't. A night rating a separate qualification, and it usually isn't carried out by flying round and round a city at night.

Breaking news, plane in sky shocker! And near an airport too!

It's not a shocker. Just unusual for a small plane to circle the city numerous times at that time of night. It must have been out for at least two hours, just last night alone.

For me that's the beauty of being deaf, taking out my hearing aids and hardly hear a thing, mind you 10 o'clock is my bedtime religiously every night.

looking at the guardian link, and by the shape of the drone, if when its flashing lights are on it looks triangular, then it could very well be a drone. why over housing areas so many times at night? Also does a drone sound like a plane?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android