Expensive to go skating

Who will pay the high staff wages, maintenance, electric,gas, rent,rates ,

High staff wages, Is that a joke ?

Total rip off, even with a card it's not that big a saving, especially if there's more than one child. I remember going to silver blades all the time as a child and to sheaf valley baths, something which can't have been that expensive because my parents didn't have that much spare cash, and yes I know prices go up, running cost and such, however all the push is to get children out there and get active but yet it's so expensive to partake in such activities in a regular basis if at all. I was there a couple of weeks ago at a weekend collecting my daughter, a chap went in with his little girl, only 45 min left of the session and they still wanted to charge him the full price! We therefore go for the cheap option and head out to parks and museums armed with a picnic.

Yep, us too. It is a real shame, as I have a sport mad son who I can't indulge very often (and isn't too impressed by museums!). I wonder if they would see an increase in take up if they lowered their prices? Or is it full anyway? A Lifecard may be a good investment, but be careful as you can't use it everywhere.

I'd say shame on the OP for sending a 12 yr old to a new venue with just £10 without checking the prices first.

What if it was more than £10?

What if it was £9.50 leaving her with no tram fare home?

(It is expensive though)

I'd say shame on the OP for sending a 12 yr old to a new venue with just £10 without checking the prices first.

What if it was more than £10?

What if it was £9.50 leaving her with no tram fare home?

(It is expensive though)

I think that's very unfair, some people don't have much to spare at the moment and maybe treating your 12 year old with ice skating with the last £10 in your purse is all you can do, the cost of ice skating is ridiculous not the op expecting her kid to go ice skating and have a drink for £10

I think that's very unfair, some people don't have much to spare at the moment and maybe treating your 12 year old with ice skating with the last £10 in your purse is all you can do, the cost of ice skating is ridiculous not the op expecting her kid to go ice skating and have a drink for £10

All you said ^^^

Clearly you have access to the internet, why not check the prices before she went? :loopy:

That would have been prudent as £10 may not have been enough.

edit: Sorry tomtom never saw your post

Would have been prudent to check the prices first though..

I know if you're sending a 12yr old out on her/his own then this isn't exactly relevant and with fuel taken into account it's even less relevant, but you can make a hell of a saving by going to Doncaster dome, we worked out last month that taking our daughter there we were going to save £15 and that's more than enough to pay for the fuel and have a drink.

Obviously, depends on how many are going as just one isn't really going to be a saving.

Just another fine example of Sheffield being a rip off...

Well done for reading my post and replying to something totally different entirely.

I would never send my kids somewhere without checking the prices and knowing if they had sufficient funds.

Image how the girl would have felt on arriving at Ice Sheffield on finding out that the price was £10.20, or even worse if was £9.50 and left her with no transport home.

If it's the last £10 in your purse then it's even more reason to check prices first surely? But it's knowing I could send my kids safely with enough funds that would be my main priority.

(But yes it is expensive)

So i decided to treat the 12yr old rug rat yesterday. Can i go ice skating with a friend? Yep Heres a tenner, enjoy yourself

Silly me!!!!

what was i thinking a tenner, for a couple hours skating with a drink after. pah.

I forgot how we like to overcharge these days.

its £8.40 for the skating and 70p for the tram home.

Not a lot you can get for the 90p left over.

What a rip off.

Hope it was memorable cos at that price she won't be going again:mad:

I bet you thought she'd go skating, and have enough for a fish supper :hihi: all joking apart its a complete rip off.

Given that a lot of people spend in excess of £100 on fags a week, £10 for a evenings entertainment sounds a bargain.

Given that a lot of people spend in excess of £100 on fags a week, £10 for a evenings entertainment sounds a bargain.

And you have obviously seen receipts to back up your claim