Can I sue the social services?

This may sound stupid but it's a genuine question

Long story short my parents split up when I was 9 and they then stopped seeing my dad against my wishes, no bad orders were on place against him like violence towards me or anything like that.

I've always wanted to see my dad and now I'm 18 I can legally see him without the corrupt social services interfering.

Everyone has a right to 'family life' and I feel I was robbed of family life by not being able to see my dad againsty wishes

So could I do anything?

http://www.farleys.com/solicitors-for-you/abuse-claims/claims-against-social-services/

I found this site for you it may help and good luck .......x

Decisions such as this aren’t made easily, there's all kinds of procedures, guides and department who would need to be involved to apply such an order.

Maybe they should follow them

I tried ages ago to get my records from social services, but they managed to use a clever argument, they said it would do my mental health no good if I saw the records, so refused to let me see them. I know my step-dad made stuff up about me, and they knew if I had the records, I had enough evidence to sue. In fairness though, have a good relationship with your dad, and be thankful that you've got back in touch.

You are entitled to a copy under the Data Protection Act 1998 although you may have to pay a small fee (up to £10).

Find it hard to believe social services could prevent you from seeing your father or vice versa unless they had some concrete evidence/reason. Decisions such as this aren’t made easily, there's all kinds of procedures, guides and department who would need to be involved to apply such an order.

While I can sympathise that you father was not around through no fault of your own, as a father myself I can say whole heartedly there is no way or no one who could prevent me from being in my child’s life regardless of the situation with my other half. If your looking to blame someone i'd suggest you start with your parents.

Compensation, negligence, suing, etc is completely out of hand thesedays. What happend to morals and honesty.

The reality is the Social Sevices do lie and have lied on many occasions and I should know ,Unless you have worked in the department or suffered at the hands of them you have no comprehension of what they are capable of.

Now its not always the case, but the stark reality is it does happen ........x

believe me paying in cash for what they have done will hurt them

nothing else will you know what they say addo infinitem(we will learn by our mistakes )that,s not happened ever as i recall .if you get a fine for speeding

you don,t go out and do it again not if the fine runs int six figures

---------- Post added 26-08-2013 at 22:01 ----------

to south yorks deano your case sounds so similar to my own

im new to this site i hope i,m not out of order it says it all

does it not

I am still of the opinion she should talk to her mother first and see what she has to say. People say all sorts of things in divorce and custody battles can often be very bitter.

The court was obviously convinced by some evidence.

Someone objective should look at that and hopefully get the full story before you think about suing anyone.

This is a pretty good overview about making a complaint.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/healthcare_e/healthcare_nhs_healthcare_e/nhs_and_local_authority_social_services_complaints.htm

Where did you learn to read and write then?

Lol... Sooooo funny!

Why not - am sure taxpayers would love to give you compensation. I'm thinking of suing them too for making me go to school which I hated. Anyone else want to jump on the bandwagon?

Do you have any understanding of what the op may have gone through and how it has affected and shaped their life?

Why not - am sure taxpayers would love to give you compensation. I'm thinking of suing them too for making me go to school which I hated. Anyone else want to jump on the bandwagon?

What a thoughtless, heartless and insulting comment! If you can't help or advise someone who is reaching out for help then keep this bile to yourself and yes I would sue the education authority because you obviously left school a complete idiot!

It sounds all out of whack to me. Something MUST have occured for social services to place an oredr. Persung a claim would be long, drawn out, unlikely to be successful and ultimately tie up services that are needed elsewhere.

My advice, get some counselling and deal with it. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I speak as someone who had no contact with their father either and I don't see how money could ever make that better.

How do you go about obtaining social services notes from when you were younger?

This is a four month old thread to which the O.P added no posts after the first day. This may be because he decided to get on with his life judging by other posts of his since then. Other issues raised or the queries of others are a different matter.