Murder 6 children - Get 15 Years BUT Copper steals £1m - Gets 23 Years

One of the country's longest serving prisoners was sentenced to life for manslaughter in the 60's and to my knowledge he was still in prison a few years ago.

I had no idea of the longest serving manslaughter case,I was just saying you don't seem to hear of long sentences given.

But your not comparing sentences are you - you are comparing the minimum tariff on a life sentence with a 23 year full term sentence. The actual comparison would be life sentence vs a 23 year sentence.

Do you actually believe this? In 15 years he will have the right to go before the parole board. He will play the game, act sorry and go free. But as far as someone of us are concerned, sorry is never enough.

Hope it's the latter.

A prime example of a time to bring back the death penalty include that for muggers, murderers, terrorism, child killers and Paedo's and for repetitive crimes. Personally I don't want to pay for these scums luxury lives in prison ..... but then again they'll have to be sectioned off otherwise the other prisoners will do their thing....sorry I can't say this as its not politically correct is it?

As for rapists remove the offending article - problem solved!

Simples!

Are you serious? He was found guilty. Either he didn't pour petrol over his house and set it alight which then killed his six children or he did? Court found him guilty of this. What has been at the trial got to do with it? I wasn't at the 66 world cup final but i know England won.

The OP is comparing the sentence of both crimes. No one in their right mind can say the copper deserves more time inside than the father who killed his 6 kids. But the judges say otherwise, therefore are not in their right mind, or at least their guide-lines are not.

But will the copper DO more time inside?Because I would bet he won't.

As far as im concerned,the copper dealt out a lot of smack,and god only knows how many people died from overdoses due to this.

You simply cannot compare two different crimes with different charges with one another.Do you think every sentence is given based on all other sentences that have ever been passed?(no matter what the crime).

A prime example of a time to bring back the death penalty include that for muggers, murderers, terrorism, child killers and Paedo's and for repetitive crimes. Personally I don't want to pay for these scums luxury lives in prison ..... but then again they'll have to be sectioned off otherwise the other prisoners will do their thing....sorry I can't say this as its not politically correct is it?

As for rapists remove the offending article - problem solved!

Simples!

If only everyone shared these views, sometimes i find it hard to believe anyone can think any different to this. But no we have to respect other peoples opinions and their rights. Mention death for these scumbags and its us that get labled the crazy ones.

Do you actually believe this? In 15 years he will have the right to go before the parole board. He will play the game, act sorry and go free. But as far as someone of us are concerned, sorry is never enough.

TBH he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy thats going to do 15 years with totally good behavior.

So manslaughter not murder; still seems wrong compared to stealing... perhaps it's just me.

Yes, we definitely don't have our priorities right there, he should have been locked up for life in 1978 when he tried to kill his girlfriend.

But will the copper DO more time inside?Because I would bet he won't.

As far as im concerned,the copper dealt out a lot of smack,and god only knows how many people died from overdoses due to this.

You simply cannot compare two different crimes with different charges with one another.Do you think every sentence is given based on all other sentences that have ever been passed?(no matter what the crime).

No, that's exactly the problem, and the OP's point is exactly this. We can compare two different crimes when each sentence doesn't reflect the crime, we need a fair justice system.

Lets forget the coppers case then.

Is life with a minum of 15 years a fair sentence in your eyes? Dont tell ne no, but thats the courts choice. What do you believe?

Do you actually believe this? In 15 years he will have the right to go before the parole board.

They wont let him out.

Reminds of the train gaurd that failed to do his job properly, and a drunken teenager was killed. He got 5 years. You would think that the sentence should be much higher for being responsible for the death of six children.

I had no idea of the longest serving manslaughter case,I was just saying you don't seem to hear of long sentences given.

I've known someone who got a suspended sentence for manslaughter, I've known someone who got four years and I've known someone who got life.

There are different grades of severity for manslaughter.

The scummer from Derby didn't go down for murder.

Somehow doesn't ring right coming from you jfk..:hihi:

I think the coppers sentence was just, due to the fact he was profiting from drugs, but moreso because he was a policeman and therefore corrupt.

It's irrelevant anyway, because he'll be out in less than ten (for the same reason)