Please could someone advise me regarding investing money?

Hi all and thank you so much to all in advance to everybody who helps me with this. I am being left some money from a relation who has past over and would like to invest it.This is the first time that I have been in this position and do not have a clue were to start.I there is anyone out there who could help?????

PS Thank you

You'd be better seeing a reputable independent financial adviser, I think. These are often free appointments. I had an encounter with 'PACE' I think they were called, several years ago, and I got a good impression of them.

A lot depends on what level of 'risk' you want to take. It's not a great time to be looking for a decent return on investments.

how much is it?

also you need to be comfortable with the level of risk and return on investment - my mate put £10K into some scheme linked with the stock market and it's now worth only £4K (she is elderly and felt somewhat conned after saying to them initially that she did not want a 'risk' investment and didn't want it linked to the stock market).

also you need to be comfortable with the level of risk and return on investment - my mate put £10K into some scheme linked with the stock market and it's now worth only £4K (she is elderly and felt somewhat conned after saying to them initially that she did not want a 'risk' investment and didn't want it linked to the stock market).

Surely every investment has risk.

So spend spend spend and have a good time.:thumbsup:

speak to a financial advisor who will give you inpartial sound advice

oh yes, but those with lower returns generally guarantee to protect the initial investment, whereas those with higher returns are much more risky.

I can't remember the scheme my mate ended up with - a PEP maybe ??

I'd advise OP to proceed with extreme caution and ensure that you do your homework and understand what you are signing up for. Don't forget many of the advisers will get their commission regardless of how well / poor your investment performs.

If you want to avoid risk Look at National Savings and Investments ( http://www.nsandi.com/ ). It is government owned and your money is 100% covered. The penalty you pay for this is slightly lower interest rates. There is even a basic advisor on the site to help you decide what is best for you.

Screw it. Head down to Napoleon's and put it on black.

If you want to avoid risk Look at National Savings and Investments ( http://www.nsandi.com/ ). It is government owned and your money is 100% covered. The penalty you pay for this is slightly lower interest rates. There is even a basic advisor on the site to help you decide what is best for you.

I second this + instead of interest, which is very little at the momnet in a bank account there is a draw every month min win is £25 and highest is £1 mill.You can draw it all out within 3 working days,if it turns out not to be your thing or ISA's pick up.