Monogram former work colleagues

Does anyone know the whereabouts of the 3 girls I remember from Monogram (I.S.Dearden) cutlery manufacturers in Liverpool Street, off Newhall Road

Elaine Stevens - lived on Newhall road

Pat Mathews - lived somewhere near Attercliffe main traffic lights

Sandra Rotherforth - lived at Thurcroft

All will be around 63 (ish) now

Grey Eminence - Wangsa Baiduri, Subang Jaya, Malaysia

i went for a job at monogram i was 17 at the time this guy showed me round and told me my duties would involve cleaning tho bogs "ladies as well as gents and that he never wanted to see me without a sweat on i told him you dont want a labourer you want a slave and that had been abolished years ago i walked out the door never to be seen again

On 04/04/2013 at 05:25, victormh said:

Does anyone know the whereabouts of the 3 girls I remember from Monogram (I.S.Dearden) cutlery manufacturers in Liverpool Street, off Newhall Road

Elaine Stevens - lived on Newhall road

Pat Mathews - lived somewhere near Attercliffe main traffic lights

Sandra Rotherforth - lived at Thurcroft

All will be around 63 (ish) now

Grey Eminence - Wangsa Baiduri, Subang Jaya, Malaysia

Hello  I think you have these names mixed up slightly one of the girls may of been Sandra Stevens and not Sandra Rotherford

Sorry, Toastmaster, the names are correct because all 3 were girlfriends at one time or another in the period 1965-1968

I have used their maiden names of course and would have been around 18/19 at the time

Elaine Stevens lived on Newhall Road between Attercliffe Road and Liverpool Street - worked upstairs in the finishing/packing section

Pat Mathews lived on one of the side streets off Attercliffe Road, opposite Banners Store - she left after becoming pregnant - worked downstairs in the stock room issuing finished goods for order packing 

Sandra Rotherforth lived in the council house estate at Thurcroft - she married a lad who worked at Monogram around 1966/7 due to  being pregnant - a tall lad with ginger hair -  she worked in the grinding section

Fortunately, their pregnancies were nothing to do with me

At the time Pat Wilson was the works manager, John Green was the forge manager, Connie looked after the scissors dept, Joyce looked after the finishing/boxing - many more I can remember from Isaac Samuel Dearden, down to young Denis and old Alf who were the labourers

Did you work at I.S.Dearden/Monogram Toastmaster and if so what years perchance I know you? 

Best Regards - Victor - Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

hi vic dont know if you will remember me ken brocklehurst you once said i had muscles like oranges lol and can remember going to ideal homes exibition with you in 68 remember dennis the packer big horse race betting fan do you remember getting me that job at joseph pickerings ? anyway met my future wife june there in 72 and married in 75 hope your keeping well

Dear Ken

At first, I could not place our name and thus could not  bring your face into my memory., but during dinner, everything came into place

You were the young lad, (then), working in the stores with Ian Herrington I remember - hope my memory is correct.

Of course, I remember many others, Dennis Eady, Doug, Tommy Dearden, Ron Annible, John Green , Pat Wilson (real name Aubrey Wilson). Connie, Joyce, Mable etc etc

I can send you a concise reply with regard to many people who were there, alive or dead, at the time 

I left Sheffield, (actually Swallownest), in around October 1968 and moved to a company in Driffield, not far from Bridlington. Then at the start of 2007 Malaysia, a residential area about 10 miles south of Kula Lumpur. I have never been back to the UK since then

I don't think I could stand the weather there now, here it may drop down to 88 degrees during the night but daytime as always between 98 and 104. plus the manufacturing costs are much lower than in the UK - as for petrol, it has been almost the same since I came here, currently about GB Pounds1-55 gallon, so driving a 4.0 litre car is no problem

I do wish o put the long update to you on any website and so if you can send me your email address to my secondary  address  -  victor.mh1940@gmail.com  I will be very pleased to reply by return

Please note that Malaysia is British Summer Time (your time), plus 7 hours

Nice to hear from you after all of the passing years, and to know that you are still alive and kicking - as for me I will be 82 on July 1st and still go to the work's, or I am in my dedicated private off every day of the week - I guess you will be around 70 now ??

Meanwhile, Take Care and Stay Safe -  Victor