Bloody dogs in Meersbrook!

Why do dog owners think it's okay to let their dog bark for five minutes outside their door before they let them in when it's gone midnight ? It chuffin' pises me off!

Can't understand why the immediate neighbours don't complain.

I can't either. I live in that area. I own a dog as do 3/5 of the houses to the right of me and 4/7 to the left. It is very rare that I hear any of the dogs barking proving that if dogs are looked after they will not bark incessantly. In fact it has taken me 3 years to notice that there was as many dogs as there was living in the area.

That said there is two dogs that I can hear barking often after midnight, I still cannot pin point where exactly the noise is coming from, I think it is from another road nearby. However because it is pretty constant and always about 12:25am if I was a close I think I would be giving them a heads up how annoying it is. I never hear them in the daytime though, maybe other noises drown it out? Or maybe they work shifts and don't know what the dogs are up too!

Edited by Evei

I realise that this frequent but my dogs bark to let me know people are around and thats fine , i must admit not after midnight though ! Ours are tucked up at 10 pm but beware if you come round the back of our house they will bark

I don't know I'm mortified if mine barks at all at home, if she does (she argues with the neighbours staffy if they've been let out at the same time by mistake), she is brought inside immediately.

My pet hate is people who leave their dogs outside who then bark at everyone who goes past.

i live in hillsborough and almost every day get woken at around 6am with various loud dogs barking . This goes on/off more more than an hour sometimes.

i love dogs and own one myself but this drives me up the wall. Especially when it is every day!!

DaisyBoo dependant where you live in Hillsborough that could well be the police kennels at Niagara. I hear them at that time and I live off Leppings Lane

I lived next door but 1 to an older couple that let there dogs out early every morning to stay on the back all day. The dogs used to bark at everything that moved !!! I got so used to it that eventually became immune to them yapping away but would always check when the barking seemed different in some way in case they saw someone coming along the back of the gardens that shouldn't have been there. The only time 1 of my own dogs have barked late at night was 1 night when I let them out on the garden and Samson (staffy cross) saw someone in a neighbours car across the road that definitely wasn't the neighbour!!! He went absolutely nuts barking at the car ..... Unfortunately the scrote escaped as I went to knock on my neighbours door and Samson, being a good boy, didn't think to try and hurt him or stop him running off !! :roll:

The house I live in now has a lovely springer spaniel that is VERY VERY vocal at anytime between 6 am and 8 am when the family get up and also when being taken for the short walks he gets taken on (definitely not as long as he needs) and is atrocious on the lead !!:suspect:

Oh well I suppose I will get used to it after another few years but sometimes I really feel a :rant::rant: coming on and have to bite my tongue!!

DaisyBoo dependant where you live in Hillsborough that could well be the police kennels at Niagara. I hear them at that time and I live off Leppings Lane

Taplin Road area, not exactly sure where these dogs are there sounds like more than 1