What about Kelham Island area?

Hey!

Moving to the new apartments at Kelham Mills in couple of weeks........ exciting!

just wondering if there is anyone else who lives there!

How does the parking work.....? The big car park never seems to have any cars parked in it - where does everyone park :suspect:

get in touch!

:cool:

I've been looking into the part purchase option for Kelham Mills on 2 bedroom apartments - 50% mortgage and 50% rent. The rent turns out to be £180 so I'm guessing the mortgage is based on the £59,250 amount as shown on their website:

http://www.derwentliving.com/easy_living/South_Yorkshire/Kelham_Mills/

So can anyone out there give me some guidance on what my monthly mortgage amount would be? I'm going to pay them a visit next Sunday but would like some tips beforehand.

TIA!

Your mortgage repayments will depend on the interest rate of your mortgage.

Do you have any mortgage providers in mind? Do you want to take out a fixed rate mortgage or a variable mortgage? These factors will have an impact on the interest rate that you will pay on your mortgage loan.

I've been looking into the part purchase option for Kelham Mills on 2 bedroom apartments - 50% mortgage and 50% rent. The rent turns out to be £180 so I'm guessing the mortgage is based on the £59,250 amount as shown on their website:

http://www.derwentliving.com/easy_living/South_Yorkshire/Kelham_Mills/

TIA!

Theres also £100 service charge on top as well as your rent per month !!

I've just been quoted £58 :confused:

I've just been quoted £58 :confused:

:) We rung up about an hour ago enquiring and was told the rent was £180 plus £100 service charge :rolleyes:

:confused:

Are you enquiring as a couple? I'm a single so maybe that's the difference?

Are you enquiring as a couple? I'm a single so maybe that's the difference?

No was as a single person, but the bloke did say he didn`t really know much about the apartments and had to keep goimg to ask someone else :rolleyes:

It actually works out quite expensive with the mortgage, rent and the service charge.

It actually works out quite expensive with the mortgage, rent and the service charge.

Yeah they make out its affordable housing but I reckon its around 600p/m ?

If you're able to afford £600 a month for accommodation, you may be able to afford a property without the 'half-price' tag.

For £600 a month, you could get a mortgage for a house/flat at about £100,000 (Based on an example interest rate at 5.5%: http://www.channel4.com/4money/mortgages/payments_calculator.html).

There are quite a few city centre studios and one bed apartments around for £100,000. You could even afford a house at this price in some parts of Sheffield.

Lib1

Thanks for your help Lib1, it's much appreciated!

Hi,

I was wondering if you came across many other places offering similar schemes?

Basically this would be a good option for me as I can't get as much of a mortgage as I would want, can't get a guarantor or anything similar, grrrr.

Cheers,

Karl