What about Kelham Island area?

Which particular development are you looking at?

I'm looking around the Alma St & Cornish Street

What do think about that place? Cuz I am going to move in to the flat near kelham island. Is it a good place?

What do think about that place? Cuz I am going to move in to the flat near kelham island. Is it a good place?

Do you mean the historic facility or the pub ?

It's not far from where I live at the moment, not been for years though, probably not since I went with School in the 80s, but it's very educational, and the Kelham Island Brewery does some cracking Beers, I'll be sampling some of their wares in the Harlequin in a bit.

Great pubs, lots of nice looking refurbished ex-industrial buildings (now flats), it always seems a bit too quiet(sleepy) in the streets for my liking but I wouldn't have any problems with moving into the area.

Best pubs in Sheffield down there. Love that little crawl.

I am a bit worried about the security of the place honestly ...I don't know much about that place.

I live in Kelham Island and love it! It's really close to town, has great pubs and is nice and quiet. You do have to be a bit wary at night if you're on your own - stick to Shalesmoor or get a cab, and be cautious about leaving valuables in your car as we do get a few break ins every now and then. But on the whole I think it's a great place to live, just use your common sense when it comes to your own safety!

Do you think the new development is good or bad for the area? To me it looks like some parts of kelham have just been left run down

Kelham Island still has a long way to go - there are lots of derelict factories that either need doing up or removing. I think the recession has scuppered a few plans which is a shame.

Whilst this is an old post. I have just returned to Sheffield and have lived in several apartment schemes. I know Mermont House first hand and strictly speaking the Agents at the time The McDonald Partnership and any Agent come to that, have no involvement with snagging in any event. They are there to maintain communal areas and the residents on site included drug dealers, prostitutes, etc. Rubbish was thrown from the balconies daily. The estate was managed by a Housing Association and The McDonald Partnership only maintained the corridors on site. ROC were the builders and responsible for the snagging.

You correctly mention other sites and out of those only Brooklyn Works wasn't managed by The McDonald Partnership which therefore to me proves their worth