20 years ago today..

One thing we can say about this thread...thank the lord we didnt have an internet forum 20 years ago! Mind you, considering most of Sheffield was in London there wouldnt have been too many keyboard warriors dribbling over their monitors

My memory of the day, apart from the obvious, is of seeing Graham Kelly, the then FA chairman outside the ground after the game. We had battled to get the game on at Wembley (Elland Road was the original venue) and the FA in their wisdom had decided Arsenal v Spurs deserved better treatment than the all Sheffield clash

After the fantastic spectacle both teams/supporters had put on, Mr Kelly looked suitably embarrassed as numerous comments on the FA's original decision were made to him as we made our way down Wembley way :rant:

Got to say; a day to remember sod the score, the fans did Sheffield 1,000% proud & we showed the country how to behave as fans. My endearing memory is seeing 4 Owls dressed like as Nelson in full regalia before game, after match they interviewed them on Sky.

All of a sudden this bloke runs into the middle of them dancing and laughing singing "nah nah nah nah, he's a Blade, and he's Blade".

No trouble he just having a laugh; when I was told about it I watched it, and YES it was my baby brother :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I remember all the beer offs were full; and charging the earth for pee in a can, but we bought it and supped it, and we had a few games of footy with each other, it was great the journey home no so great I might add. :mad:

Got to say; a day to remember sod the score, the fans did Sheffield 1,000% proud & we showed the country how to behave as fans. My endearing memory is seeing 4 Owls dressed like as Nelson in full regalia before game, after match they interviewed them on Sky.

All of a sudden this bloke runs into the middle of them dancing and laughing singing "nah nah nah nah, he's a Blade, and he's Blade".

No trouble he just having a laugh; when I was told about it I watched it, and YES it was my baby brother :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I remember all the beer offs were full; and charging the earth for pee in a can, but we bought it and supped it, and we had a few games of footy with each other, it was great the journey home no so great I might add. :mad:

Top day out

Loved the build up to the game as well, arguing over who would have the most balloons, biggest flags

There was a place at Handsworth that was shifting over 1,000 balloons a day at one point. I think the owners retired shortly after. Will never get another pay day like it :partyhat::partyhat:

Top day out

Loved the build up to the game as well, arguing over who would have the most balloons, biggest flags

There was a place at Handsworth that was shifting over 1,000 balloons a day at one point. I think the owners retired shortly after. Will never get another pay day like it :partyhat::partyhat:

No that day will NEVER be repeated IMO :)

No that day will NEVER be repeated IMO :)

Nope. Even what happened last season isn't likely to be repeated again. Very unfortunate for us fans that missed the glory years:(

Nope. Even what happened last season isn't likely to be repeated again. Very unfortunate for us fans that missed the glory years:(

Glory years we must have both slept through them, or have to be about 117

Well ive been going since 1968,pretty sure ive seen more bad times than good.[does make the few good times even more special though]:)

Do you really think speedy wasn't having a dig then?

Then when blades have a dig back he doesn't like it WHY it's what he wanted ????

There was no dig by speedy it's just you lot can't take it and flick that big fat titty lip ! :hihi:

Fact is you have nothing on us like we have on you ! :love::hihi:

Anyway it was a great day and will never forget those gutted faces on the way home on the the motorway,

Pure class ! LMAO

well ok i mean seeing us win a trophy:) of course for you blades that would probably mean you having to be that age to see that;)

well ok i mean seeing us win a trophy:) of course for you blades that would probably mean you having to be that age to see that;)

And finishing third in the top flight,qualifying/playing in europe,fa cup finalists,league cup finalists,oh we have had our moments.:)

yes and those gazza:) shame I missed em all though:(

yes and those gazza:) shame I missed em all though:(

It is mate,but sadly i could put a much bigger list up of the tripe we had to put up before any of that happened:(

It is mate,but sadly i could put a much bigger list up of the tripe we had to put up before any of that happened:(

and after:( it wouldn't be as fun if it was all winning though would it:)