E-cigs/E-cigarettes: MegaThread Discussion

Anyone know where all the electric cig shops are in sheffield?

manor top, leppings lane, chesterfield road and archer road. there all mirage. theres also a myciggy shop on woodseats.. there all i can think of, of top of my head

Overlooking whether they're safe or not, it's becoming more confusing as to where you can use them.

For example, you are not allowed to use them in the open air at Dronfield Station, but you can as soon as you board the confines of an East Midlands Train. That said, it's a no-no if your train is operated by Northern Rail!

One in Chapeltown and is open until 6 in the evening.....nice lounge area as well!

At the end of the day no one knows

I can't argue with that.

But the probability that the substances are as dangerous as, for example, asbestos, is quite low considering the amount of test data there is for PG, including plenty of animal inhalation testing, that shows little or no effect.

The additives are, you're right, more of an unknown quantity, but they are food-safe, non-toxic additives. They are being deposited on the mucous membranes of the throat and lungs in microgram amounts with each vape. It's not good for you, PG will dry your throat out, but neither the additives nor the PG is burnt, and that is how its safety can be reasonably estimated.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just think the probability of your prediction coming true is quite low.

My Husband has just bought a Mirage kit and I have to say, as I'm a non-smoker I'm chuffed to bits with it! My Hubby and my house have been smoke free for 2 weeks now so the kit has paid for itself and the stinky ashtray has been confined to the bin.

There have been no temper tantrums, no sneaky fags in the toilet (love how he thought I wouldn't notice that one! ), no excessive eating...so far, so good! He went through 6 months of hell trying to quit on Champix tablets but this Mirage kit is brilliant. I just hope the novelty doesn't wear off and he stays smoke free!

My Husband has just bought a Mirage kit and I have to say, as I'm a non-smoker I'm chuffed to bits with it! My Hubby and my house have been smoke free for 2 weeks now so the kit has paid for itself and the stinky ashtray has been confined to the bin.

There have been no temper tantrums, no sneaky fags in the toilet (love how he thought I wouldn't notice that one! ), no excessive eating...so far, so good! He went through 6 months of hell trying to quit on Champix tablets but this Mirage kit is brilliant. I just hope the novelty doesn't wear off and he stays smoke free!

Well I bought the same kit in March, and not had a proper ciggie since. No coughing in the morning, no hearing my own wheezing at night in bed...No temper tantrums....It's been a revelation. One 10ml bottle of gunge cost me about £3 and it lasts 2-3 days. So infinitely cheaper.

Well I bought the same kit in March, and not had a proper ciggie since. No coughing in the morning, no hearing my own wheezing at night in bed...No temper tantrums....It's been a revelation. One 10ml bottle of gunge cost me about £3 and it lasts 2-3 days. So infinitely cheaper.

I get a 30ml bottle for a fiver,lasts me about a month.:)[i was smoking around 15 roll ups a day]

I get a 30ml bottle for a fiver,lasts me about a month.:)[i was smoking around 15 roll ups a day]

Ah...well I was a committed smoker for too many years, and 'did' probably twice the amount you did a day.

The point being...I don't smoke cigarettes any more! I'm pleased with myself in having achieved that.

Incidentally, has anyone tried the VG vegetable based liquid? I tried it, and it's crap, and actually knackers the cartomiser. I exclusively use the PG version now, and that's not a problem!

Mine is going well, not smoked a cigarette in the last couple of days & I've only used about 1ml of the included 10ml juice so far. I'd say 1ml of high strength is equal to about 10 cigarettes. Even with the e-cig starter kit included it's £10 for ~100 cigarettes, topups are £3-£4 for another 10ml. It's not much more than a 20 pack now to get started.

I got an 'ibreathe' mango flavour juice, it has a mix of PG & VG. It tastes quite nice, but it's a bit too sweet to be having all the time. I think I need a different flavour.

The ego style e-cigs seem to be much better than the older style & the disposable ones. I had a disposable e-cig before & wasn't impressed.

Edited by anywebsite

Ah...well I was a committed smoker for too many years, and 'did' probably twice the amount you did a day.

The point being...I don't smoke cigarettes any more! I'm pleased with myself in having achieved that.Incidentally, has anyone tried the VG vegetable based liquid? I tried it, and it's crap, and actually knackers the cartomiser. I exclusively use the PG version now, and that's not a problem!

And so you should be:thumbsup: It must be nearly ten months now without a cig for me,and thats after being a smoker for thirty odd years.:)