E-cigs/E-cigarettes: MegaThread Discussion

I think electronic cigarettes are much better than original cigarettes because they are not injurious to health.

A year ago I smoked about 5-6 a day in the week and more on the weekends and had smoked for about 17 years (up to ten a day at some points). A year on, using e-cigs, I have cut right back to only having 0-2 a week (when having a pint on a Saturday), and have signed up to the Sheffield half marathon! Now this is something I would never have dreamed of as a full on smoker I couldn’t have run for more than a few minutes, but last week I did my first hour long non-stop run and was not even out of breath! Surely that says it all about how e-cigs can improve lung condition and capacity. I’m not saying that they are 100% safe but the results I have found (coupled with a healthy lifestyle!) have been life changing!

Edited by KidPhunk

E-cigarette shops are popping up all over Sheffield now, I see more and more people using them when I'm out and about. I myself have converted to one since last November after smoking for 15 years.

So how many of us on here are vaping now and have packed it in with the stinkies?

Are people using the e-cig pens or have you upgraded to something a little bigger?

Any recommendations on flavours?

Let's hear it! :)

My OH started on a pen in Jan after deciding to quit the dreaded fags. He started on the B&H on then went onto Mayfair. Now he's on the flavours, one he's trying at the moment is Blueberry. It's good because he can smoke it indoors because it doesn't stink the house out. He used to go outside if he wanted to smoke! He hasn't wanted to go back to the regular fags after 35 years of smoking 20 a day!

Good for him cherriepie! Not stinking is a bonus! I'm on the Blueberry myself at the moment, where is he buying his juices from?

After one of my grandsons came into my home 'office' and complained, " Oh grandad......it stinks in here !" I decided to give it a go, if it was only just in the house.

July last year, I went and bought the kit, had a puff on it and never had a fag since. That was after 40 odd years as a heavy smoker.

My wheezy chest had cleared up within less than a week. Now I'm just hoping that they don't find anything radically wrong with the ecigs.

40 Years! It's amazing how quickly you are start feel the benefits isn't it!

I think the safety of them all depends on the the liquids you are vaporising? So long as they have been tested in a lab and don't contain any nasties they have got to be better for you than smokes.

Are you using tobacco flavoured juices or flavoured ones?

Cherry is a nice flavour I sometimes mix it with menthol, however if your used to not smoking in the house you're better keeping that way with a better chance of coming off altogether.

Mix your own, it costs about 50p to make 10ml, thats what i do, never go back to buying juice again

Mix your own, it costs about 50p to make 10ml, thats what i do, never go back to buying juice again

Got a recipe ?

And where do you source your ingredients ?

All online 54mg nicotine, 30%vg and 60%pg 10% flavour, that way i know whats going into juice and im haopy knowing it as opposed to getting dodgy tasting stuff from shops

---------- Post added 07-03-2014 at 19:23 ----------

Go look at totally wicked ejuice online :-)

---------- Post added 07-03-2014 at 19:24 ----------

There is also an online calculater for the strength you want as well!!