E-cigs/E-cigarettes: MegaThread Discussion

Incidentally, has anyone tried the VG vegetable based liquid? I tried it, and it's crap, and actually knackers the cartomiser. I exclusively use the PG version now, and that's not a problem!

I have found that pg gives a clean hit but doesn't make much pretend smoke (visible vapour), so in my endeavours to mix my own I like to mix about 20% VG and 80% PG, but that's just me.:)

And so you should be:thumbsup: It must be nearly ten months now without a cig for me,and thats after being a smoker for thirty odd years.:)

I was smoking for about 43 years!!!!...And not had a single one since March (I think...sort of lost track of exactly how long, which to me is a good sign)

---------- Post added 10-07-2013 at 16:01 ----------

Mine is going well, not smoked a cigarette in the last couple of days & I've only used about 1ml of the included 10ml juice so far. I'd say 1ml of high strength is equal to about 10 cigarettes. Even with the e-cig starter kit included it's £10 for ~100 cigarettes, topups are £3-£4 for another 10ml. It's not much more than a 20 pack now to get started.

I got an 'ibreathe' mango flavour juice, it has a mix of PG & VG. It tastes quite nice, but it's a bit too sweet to be having all the time. I think I need a different flavour.

The ego style e-cigs seem to be much better than the older style & the disposable ones. I had a disposable e-cig before & wasn't impressed.

I found the looky-likey ecigs are awful, and flippin unreliable. For one thing, you can never tell how much 'juice' is in them. So you might take it out somewhere, and either the battery might die on you, or the cartridge runs out.

When I first bought one, (decent one) I went for the flavour that matched closest the cigarettes I was smoking, but rapidly came to the conclusion whereby it was stupid to 'want' a flavour in your mouth that tasted like a proper cigarette. So I went for menthol and stick with that, cos it's a bit like have a minty flavour after using it. Not a bad ciggie type aftertaste.

Can anyone recommend a good website for e cigs, and let me know how you found them if they help/ work ? Anywhere in Sheffield you can get them ?

There are so many websites selling them now, its just knowing the best to get

Thanks.

Can anyone recommend a good website for e cigs, and let me know how you found them if they help/ work ? Anywhere in Sheffield you can get them ?

There are so many websites selling them now, its just knowing the best to get

Thanks.

The search facility is your friend

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1149077&highlight=e+cigs

I was smoking for about 43 years!!!!...And not had a single one since March (I think...sort of lost track of exactly how long, which to me is a good sign)

Not that long smoking in my case but i think I stopped 2 months ish ago...every time i stopped with anything else I could tell you to the day, hour almost. Now, just I'm a non-smoker and that is really nice smell wise and money wise and dying wise and I like my leccy "smokes" and in a few months haven't missed "real" cigs once. Which as a serious smoker who needed his cigs or there would be trouble is ace!

I got a starter kit from manor top yesterday afternoon. I cant beleive how brill they are. I used to smoke 30/40 a day and iv had 2 in 24 hour both of which tasted crap and like tooting on fresh air after the ecig :D

Safe or bot the government will end up taxing them :mad:

I've been using iBreathe liquids since I started with my ecig a couple of months ago, and they taste great. I bought some of the Blue magic ones as recommended above and they are not as good IMO. I have a cherry refill in as I type this and it tastes very plain in comparison to the same flavour in the iBreathe brand :)

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Safe or bot the government will end up taxing them :mad:

Well that's the thing isn't it, maybe that's why people have turned to them - because they're cheaper. The big tobacco barons have realised they missed out by dismissing them and the government would love to get their mits on your dough by taxing them the same as cigarettes. I'm not sure that would be popular with the public though and coupled with the latest U-Turn on cigarette packaing, the government doesn't want to upset people anymore, especially with an election looming

The most incredible quality E-cigs have is the fact they're totally harmless for everyone.

But the anti-smoking brigade still treat E-cig smokers as convicted paedophiles.

........... they're totally harmless for everyone.

Believe it if you want, but you are seriously mistaken.

are e cigs the same as nicorette inhalers.