E-cigs/E-cigarettes: MegaThread Discussion

Not brilliant as in healthy - Brilliant as in a good sub for real cigarettes.

Also, alot contain just flavorings and water vapor, not nicotine so it's a good tool keeping fingers busy.

yes I was amazed by how many different flavours they do, red bull, spearmint, all fruit flavours, they should have invented these years ago, I would have been minted now l:hihi:

they are going to say they bad so they can then load tax onto them and try to recover the billions they going to loose in people not smoking!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

there are hundreds probably thousands of people smoking the e-cigs including me, I was a very heavy smoker before I purchased my e-cig, I smoked around 40- 50 cigs per day, I bought my e-cig nearly 4 weeks ago and I have not touched a normal cig since, what are your views on the e- cig ? should they be regulated ? do you think they can harm you ?:)

I'm the same, approximately 4 weeks on them and fully stopped since. Hubby has tried and tried to stop before but can't, which always ended up getting me back smoking when I tried to quit too. Hes been on an e-cig for 2 weeks now and also not touched a cigarette!

I had the one that looked like a cigarette to try it out first, and then moved onto the ones with visible liquid and they are better.

I've cut down from medium nicotine strength to low, and hopefully can get rid of the whole thing soon - Just not yet as its good to keep my hands busy even if not puffing on it!

I'm the same, approximately 4 weeks on them and fully stopped since. Hubby has tried and tried to stop before but can't, which always ended up getting me back smoking when I tried to quit too. Hes been on an e-cig for 2 weeks now and also not touched a cigarette!

I had the one that looked like a cigarette to try it out first, and then moved onto the ones with visible liquid and they are better.

I've cut down from medium nicotine strength to low, and hopefully can get rid of the whole thing soon - Just not yet as its good to keep my hands busy even if not puffing on it!

im hoping im going to stop eventually but I cant believe the money ive saved already, my partner is also on the e-cig now and stopped smoking normal cigs, this has to mean more holidays abroad :hihi:

I bought the wife an E Cig kit a few weeks ago from shop at Manor Top, she has cut down by a good 70% which, for her is excellent. I know that she'll not stop completely but I'll be able to go, safe in the knowledge she's cut down incredibly.

anyone interested go to a website called http://premiere-cigs.co.uk/

I have been paying about £10-12 for a 30ml bottle and they sell them for £5.50 a bottle, I was so happy I bough 6 bottles, one last a month, so have 6 months worth now for under £40. Bargain and they smell nice, and no passive smoking/inflicting it on others, and no stinking anymore and for cheaper then you think

I bought the wife an E Cig kit a few weeks ago from shop at Manor Top, she has cut down by a good 70% which, for her is excellent. I know that she'll not stop completely but I'll be able to go, safe in the knowledge she's cut down incredibly.

Mate, she can. I was a real cig monster, got on these and just like a road to Damacus moment, happy as larry and never smoked since but more important never wanted to smoke since, it seems dirty and mental to burn leaves when you can can get your hit safely.

Ask her to try just the ecigs only for a whirl for a week, just for a laugh. Burn all the leaves you like after that.

I really think she'll thank you for the suggestion.

It must be knocking on for one and a half years since I got into ecigs, I used to roll about 20 a day, at first I allowed myself to smoke just 2 rollies on a morning until my stockpile of Golden Virginia ran out and I haven't touched the stogies since.

The next best move I made was to start mixing my own e-liquid, because aside from saving a fortune in buying it, it has allowed me to experiment with strengths of nicotine and flavourings; once I found my nicotine level for a while (initially 18mg) I have started to reduce my nicotine dosage slightly. Hopefully over a 'long' period of time I'll be able to ween myself off the addiction altogether.

I don't know about you other vapers on the forum there is a nagging in the back of my mind that e-cigs are just too good to be true and worry that they discover something horrible about them, but so far it seems to be like a miracle cure for smoking.

they are going to say they bad so they can then load tax onto them and try to recover the billions they going to loose in people not smoking!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

No they wont,they dont care about the billions of revenue that will be lost,they are much more concerned about our health.[ yeah right:hihi:]

I don't know about you other vapers on the forum there is a nagging in the back of my mind that e-cigs are just too good to be true and worry that they discover something horrible about them, but so far it seems to be like a miracle cure for smoking.

Without a doubt they will find some reason they are bad for you. If you watch BBC news in the morning, you will soon see... Apparently though we shouldn't eat fat, sugar, salt or most other things apart from sea weed, that's ok for us. You also can't drink alcohol, smoke, talk, walk or sing :hihi:

Oh and all you ladies over 50, don't eat grapefruit.... It's bad for you!! so the Beebs says lol

For now it's the lesser of two evils IMO

Sorry to start a new thread... But I have looked in the others and can't quite find the info I need!

I'd like to buy a reliable e-cigarette. Was hoping to get a mirage one as the reviews seem good but they are closed today. I can wait until tomorrow (but it's tricker because of work) but was just wondering if there was anywhere else reputable I could get a starter pack and some cartridges from on a Sunday?

dont buy one try the presinct in hillsborough a shop there sells another type which costs 18 pounds with a refill which costs 5 pounds and will last you about a month