Aston fishing Ponds

Posting this for my brother.

Having not been to Aston Ponds since I was about 10 year old well over 50 years ago with many wonderful memories, I was amazed yesterday at what has happened there. I watched for a while and even in this weather plenty of anglers were catching, some had fairly large carp. The reason i called to look is that my fishing club is about to start a series of matches on the Lilly lake right at the top of the complex. So I was wondering if any of you forumites out there can advise if you have fished that lake what works.

Malc Hannan

Why don't you join us on our matches at Lindholme, 20th April and 4th May, second one is in aid of Lillie who is little girl with cerebral palsy, See link

We fished the top pond for 24 hours and I had about 8 carp out between 10 & 26 lb.

I was using either fish bomb or cell boilies but my pal was catching on double fake sweet corn.

By top pond, i assume you mean Lilly. Did your mate not get pestered by the Ide & small recently stocked Carp fishing double corn?

Whats the first pond doing these days, it was a few years ago since I was there and really only did small stuff mainly roach and perch, has anybody done anything decent there. It would be a real shame if it's still the same, it's a great size pond or lake even.:thumbsup: