Why is Ben Lane – Far Lane closed Wisewood, S6?

Hi all,

Does anyone know why Ben lane - Far Lane is blocked off in Wisewood S6, From Tesco's up to Dial House Road?

I assume its Amey doing the new road surface - Can anyone confirm ? (I don't know when they are doing where).

If it is, a Link to somewhere with this information would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Ryan.

Hi Ryan,

Go on the council website, put in Streets ahead in the search. It will give you all the info you need.

Went past not long ago and they'd scraped off all the road surface so I think we can safely assume it's being resurfaced.

I live around there and I didn't get any notification that the road was going to be closed.

People are driving to the end of my road and the first they know is the actual barrier closing the road ....If I had a pound for everyone that's used my drive to turn around I'd be laughing....

You would think that they (Amey/SCC) would put a sign up poss at the junctions to advise ...

I live around there and I didn't get any notification that the road was going to be closed.

People are driving to the end of my road and the first they know is the actual barrier closing the road ....If I had a pound for everyone that's used my drive to turn around I'd be laughing....

You would think that they (Amey/SCC) would put a sign up poss at the junctions to advise ...

I am sure there has been a sign at the Junction of Ben Lane and Dykes lane for the last fortnight at least, and also near the junction with Dykes Hall Rd

I am sure there has been a sign at the Junction of Ben Lane and Dykes lane for the last fortnight at least, and also near the junction with Dykes Hall Rd

there was/is ....mole eyes comes to mind:hihi:

there was/is ....mole eyes comes to mind:hihi:

No idea what you are on about but the signs are still there.

Thanks for pointing out at that there are signs there ..... However, I was talking about at the end of my road where there is no signs.

Dykes hall rd is to be done soon , that should be fun;)

Oooarrr!!!:o

You would have thought Amey and the council would have taken the grass verges up below the old Dial House and put lay by's in so the local residents could park their cars bearing in mind its a bottle neck when 2 buses are trying to pass, also there was a serious RTA not so long ago :confused: