I want to install windows 7

Both can be run from USB drive.

Cool thanks. might give one a try then.

Both can be run from USB drive.

Once you have installed your chosen GNU/Linux, download and install 'MultiSystem' (from Softpedia) - this has drag and drop functionality (plus persistence can be added if you want to store data) to a USB thumb drive - I have a 16 Gb Thumb drive with:

BackTrack 5.1

Comice (PearLinux 4)

Ultimate Edition 3

Ultimate Edition 3.4

Zorin 5 Core

So I can choose what I want to boot into on my netbook! UE 3.4 is the best as it picks up wireless without having to install the driver! Otherwise I attach my Netgear dongle if I want to boot with one of the others. Simples!:cool:

Footnote: Don't try and boot to a machine that has Windows 8 on it - it might brick it!

Once you have installed your chosen GNU/Linux, download and install 'MultiSystem' (from Softpedia) - this has drag and drop functionality (plus persistence can be added if you want to store data) to a USB thumb drive - I have a 16 Gb Thumb drive with:

BackTrack 5.1

Comice (PearLinux 4)

Ultimate Edition 3

Ultimate Edition 3.4

Zorin 5 Core

So I can choose what I want to boot into on my netbook! UE 3.4 is the best as it picks up wireless without having to install the driver! Otherwise I attach my Netgear dongle if I want to boot with one of the others. Simples!:cool:

Footnote: Don't try and boot to a machine that has Windows 8 on it - it might brick it!

Windows 8 bricked my Windows 7 LOL - MBR GPT and EFI - I finaly got there though. :hihi:

To run from USB drive is for AngryDog.... not me :) ...oh, and you will be more help than me. :)

I hate Windows 8. Its too much like the Windows Phones O/s. If Windows 9 is like Windows 8 (or worse) then It'll only ever be Linux from then on I guess.

---------- Post added 03-04-2013 at 21:48 ----------

BackTrack 5.1

Comice (PearLinux 4)

Ultimate Edition 3

Ultimate Edition 3.4

Zorin 5 Core

Thanks, I'll give this a try!

I hate Windows 8. Its too much like the Windows Phones O/s. If Windows 9 is like Windows 8 (or worse) then It'll only ever be Linux from then on I guess.

---------- Post added 03-04-2013 at 21:48 ----------

Thanks, I'll give this a try!

Windows blue not 9. And windows 8 is fantastic.

Windows blue not 9. And windows 8 is fantastic.

I agree, win 8 is fantastic, but if anyone is under the impression win blue is gonna be like vista to win 7 then they are gonna be sadly disappointed.

Unless m$ have any last minute change of heart, win blue is only a face lifted fancified version of win 8.

So if you wanna continue using windows, get used to the new UI. XP aint gonna be around forever :)

Looks like Windows Blue will be just a minor update.

Windows 9 Beta should be released early 2014

We all have different opinions :) I just cannot get on with Windows 8 - it looks like it was aimed at kids.

We all have different opinions :) I just cannot get on with Windows 8 - it looks like it was aimed at kids.

Have you not considered removing the Start Screen, Charms Bar and putting a Shutdown button on the Taskbar?

Have you not considered removing the Start Screen, Charms Bar and putting a Shutdown button on the Taskbar?

It was something I used a bit in my last job. I wasnt allowed to make any changes to how it looked.

If you don't like the metro start screen just use it in desktop mode, its not hard.