Wortley Hall Wedding

We've just booked our wedding for Wortley Hall, wondering what people's previous experiences have been? So far they are very unwilling to negotiate anything whatsoever and I've found the service lacking as any appointment we have made we have had to wait at least 20 minutes for them to come see us even after booking in advance. We've also dealt with 3 different members of staff all of which have no idea what the other team member has said.

Is this normal?

We've paid our deposit so can't exactly turn around and say no, just feeling very uncared for I guess.

Does it get better?

The grounds and building itself look gorgeous and we're really excited to have our wedding reception there. Just wondering if there's a way to sweeten them?

This post is now three years old they may be divorced by now, its about time these old redundant posts were removed.

Hi there

Apologies for ressurecting an old thread! Thought it'd be better than creating a new one.

We're recently engaged and wondered if anyone has any recent experiences?

I've looked at a few venues, but Wortley Hall has stood out due to it's location and look. We had a nosey around on Sunday before someone was due to get married, and it looked gorgeous all set up ready to go.

I'd like some positives and negatives if anyone has any since the thread was started?

Thanks for your help!!

Lisa

The thread as resurfaced due to a new enquiry about the hall rockonvynil in march this year.

I was just wondering, if you stay at the hall is the accommodation in the old or new building? would love to spend a night in the old part!

The thread as resurfaced due to a new enquiry about the hall rockonvynil in march this year.

so why not open a new one? no charge on here for new threads

I'm perfectly allowed to use this one, thanks, and so shall I continue. Most people appreciate the foresight to use the search function on a forum but can't please everyone, aye?

Again, thanks for the helpful comments guys. Maybe at some point I'll make my mind up!

I was just wondering, if you stay at the hall is the accommodation in the old or new building? would love to spend a night in the old part!

Moonbird .. Ive only been in the old rooms when shooting brides and wedding guests, lovely gorgeous rooms and quite a lot of them too.. so Im sure you could request one when booking.

Synthpulse .. The forum asks you to search before starting a new thread so you are perfectly within your rights to use this thread ..best of luck with your planning.

Edited by Ms_Tetley
spelling

I'm perfectly allowed to use this one, thanks, and so shall I continue. Most people appreciate the foresight to use the search function on a forum but can't please everyone, aye?

Again, thanks for the helpful comments guys. Maybe at some point I'll make my mind up!

Maybe I'm getting old because 2013 doesn't seem that long ago at all! Anyway hope you've found some useful contributions :)

Hmm, what's this place like now? Considering looking there for my wedding.