Wortley Hall Wedding

Hi Synthpulse,

I have worked there many times as a photographer and the venue is easy to recommend.

A few of the big bonuses are,

. The Grounds

. Only One wedding per day.

. 3 Different rooms . ( ceremony, wedding breakfast, and evening all separate . )

All three of the above would be hard to find at other popular venues.

A little on the downside as far as photography, winter weddings can be difficult as the wooden walls / red carpets and tungsten lighting can cause a colour cast.

Of course the biggest bonus is Im close and so you could commission me as your photographer ;-)

I agree with Trupix. It is a lovely venue. Did two weddings there last year, one just before Christmas. Weather awful and nothing outside so all photos inside. You can work your way around the hall.

A plus is that for the venue of this status it is one of the cheapest packages around.

Thank you both very much.

I will bear this in mind, Trupix!!

All other opinions very much welcomed!!

My sister got married there and it really was amazing. Beautiful grounds and the building is really breath taking. Good choice. All the best

Thanks! I've looked around a few now, and want to go and look at Ringwood Hall in a couple of weekends. Struggling to make my mind up with so many lovely places.

Ringwood is nice but it's not exclusive to you on your day. I get married at Van Dyks in December. That's a nice place too.

We had a xmas wedding at Wortley a couple of years ago and couldnt have been happier. The ball room is amazing. We had a wedding co-ordinator but her name escapes me.

The dining room at xmas is incredible.

My friends looked round the place a couple of years back and were pretty unimpressed, kinda run down and quite expensive - paying for the name really.

Have they done abit of maintenance since?

Thanks very much.

I don't think it's expensive in comparison to other packages at venues that are about as comparable as you can get (although I do really really begrudge paying that much for a meal anywhere!!)

I thought the grounds and externally , the place was gorgeous. Inside, the room you get married in and the dining room are lovely rooms. I wasn't so sure on the evening reception room, but I did see it at about 11am and I expect it would look totally different in the evening. I have seen some pics on google image searches of the evening do and the lights made it look loads better. I though the guest bedrooms we were shown round were a bit hit and miss, some stunning, some I'd not be too pleased to be put in at that price.

I don't know if I'm being too picky, but I'm only hoping to ever do this once!!

If you're still looking then I'd recommend the Best Western Hotel in Mosborough.

The place is absolutely lovely, not at all what you'd expect from a chain hotel type place (I thought it'd be orrid!!).

The wedding reception venue is a beautiful barn conversion which is away from the rest of the hotel.

It was really cheap as well.

https://www.bestwestern.co.uk/hotels/best-western-plus-mosborough-hall-hotel-83732

It looks nice from the pictures. Nothing is ruled out at the minute so I'll have a gander at some point!! Really appreciate the suggestion - thanks :)

I have worked at Wortley Hall many times over the years and you just cant go wrong having your wedding there ..its great!! also if you have bad weather it has some nice spots inside to take wedding photographs and its roomy so your guests have room to move around.

Good luck with your plans.