Same Sex Marriage

Why not .I don`t see why 2 people of the same sex cannot get married ..............x

Well, they can't (as the law currently stands). So your problem is just that you can't see the law saying so.

I don't agree with this same sex marriage. really

Then don't marry somebody who is the same sex as you. Simples!

I don't agree with this same sex marriage. really

Why?

Is someone forcing you to get married to someone of the same sex as you?

If not, what exactly is your point?

Is someone forcing you to get married to someone of the same sex as you?

It's only a mater of time before it's made compulsory :suspect:

It's only a mater of time before it's made compulsory :suspect:

That joke was done to death around the time homosexuality was repealed as a criminal offence, in 1968.

That joke was done to death around the time homosexuality was repealed as a criminal offence, in 1968.

That long ago?

I heard it for the first time in 1997 (I think) :blush:

Anyway, here is my updated version.

Because marriage gives an automatic entitlement to an awful lot of things that just aren't so if you're in a civil partnership or are just living together.

Entitlement to being the presumed next of kin and therefore having to be consulted in medical decisions in the event that the other spouse is too ill to decide things for themselves, entitlement to inherit pensions etc. I'm sure there are other things too.

Yes, these things can be got in other ways by signing and having witnessed a power of attorney document (in the case of the decisions) but why should people have to do that when everybody who is married gets it without any sort of special piece of paper? And on top of that, if you have a power of attorney you can demand to be heard, but nobody HAS to notify and consult you unless you ask to be, whereas if you were the married spouse it would be automatic.

It's so much more complicated than having just sex. An awful lot of people feel the need to make a strong partnership with a declaration of intention in front of everybody who matters to them too.

I seconded to that! :)

Its good to be open minded person.

...but not so open that your brains fall out.

ETA: Welcome to the forum! :)

...but not so open that your brains fall out.

ETA: Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm not a fan of that saying, it implies that we should close our minds at some point. I'd prefer something like "Keep an open mind, just don't be too eager to accept everything into it".

But then that's not even witty is it :(

Well, they can't (as the law currently stands). So your problem is just that you can't see the law saying so.

Where did I say they could at the moment ???????? I said I cant see what all the fuss is about does it matter whether they are the same sex or not ...... In my eye 2 loving people whether they be man /woman or woman /woman/ man/man should have the same rights as everyone else .Now that`s my view not all will agree with me but that's`s my feeling`s on it .

I have a friend who has been married cough 7 times her kids are so disfunctional that I`m amazed they have survived this long ........Yet on the other hand I have friends that are gay and have lived happily for over 30 years and brought up kids and they are a credit to them ..............go figure.........x

Edited by sand_dollars

Where did I say they could at the moment ???????? I said I cant see what all the fuss is about does it matter whether they are the same sex or not ...... In my eye 2 loving people whether they be man /woman or woman /woman/ man/man should have the same rights as everyone else .Now that`s my view not all will agree with me but that's`s my feeling`s on it .

Actually, this is what you said...

I don`t see why 2 people of the same sex cannot get married

Jeffrey was replying to your post in a literal context

Actually, this is what you said...

Jeffrey was replying to your post in a literal context

ahhhhh quite litteraly lololol... well I never ..........x