Emergency Dentist

They have just called and said I need to call back in the morning at 8am and they will then call me back again :/

Was contemplating getting some pliers and trying to pull what I believe to be the a remainder of tooth out but the wife is dead against in. Dont think there is anything else I can do, even the Children s Ibuprofen isn't helping.

Do not try taking anything out and becareful of mixing painkillers. It sounds very much like a dry socket . Take warm salt water mouthwashes although it wont take the pain away the heat will help temporarily. If primecare cant help go to a pharmacy tomorrow and get expert help with painkiller advice.

Hi just a quick note,once had a impacted tooth out at charles clifford,they made a right mess,ended up at ae calow they sorted it for me try them.Also try staveley dental if your wanting to join one.

They have just called and said I need to call back in the morning at 8am and they will then call me back again :/

Was contemplating getting some pliers and trying to pull what I believe to be the a remainder of tooth out but the wife is dead against in. Dont think there is anything else I can do, even the Children s Ibuprofen isn't helping.

I finally cracked and did just that with a tooth pick - in Pizza Hut`s toilet of all places.

Just spoke to NHS direct who said to alternate the paramol with ibruprofen every 3 hours and this will be the best pain relief and reduce the swelling. Ill let you all know how I get along

Wolverine - you have my deepest sympathy! I was in a similar position one weekend last year. I had a tooth abscess and was climbing the walls in agony! I phoned Charles Clifford but was told that unless my breathing was compromised or I was bleeding heavily I would have to wait until Monday to see my regular dentist. This I did - was given antibiotics and the situation soon resolved. I did wonder why i couldn't have been given emergency prescription by CC hospital? Suffice it to say that it was a long weekend!

Good luck!

Was you not given contact details for ward at RHH if any problems. Usually are. You could have what they call a dry socket. When your blood does not clot.

Still in really bad pain, tried to get myself an emergency appointment and they had all gone when I rang this morning. Im not sure what else I can do. Think its ridiculous after all these years of paying taxes, I cannot get help when I need it

@queenswood, no they just give me the same 0844 number I have to ring

Still in really bad pain, tried to get myself an emergency appointment and they had all gone when I rang this morning. Im not sure what else I can do. Think its ridiculous after all these years of paying taxes, I cannot get help when I need it

The 0844 number should be for registered NHS patients only. Try and get to your gp tomorrow. Not many gps like treating dental problems but if you explain you cannot find a denist to register with they may give you an antibiotic script. if they wont you will have to phone the dental helpline or just phone around to see if anyones accepting new patients. If they are make sure you go regulary so you are not taken off their list .

Feel for you mate,i really do.if its a dry socket[which it does sound like it is]then as you know it hurts like hell.only plus point is when you finally get treatment they can usually sort it out instantly.Totally agree that its ridculous that you cant get help.

Ring 111 it's emergency dental helpline

Thanks for your help all. Fingers crossed I can get it sorted tomorrow.

Ring 111 it's emergency dental helpline

Thanks but thats NHS direct, i spoke to them yesterday about pain relief advice but they cant phyically do anything unless I have problems breathing or and bleeding